Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Trip to Utah

I know it's been forever since I posted something new, but I'm having problems with my camera. Somehow the memory card is locked and I can't figure out how to unlock it. Until I do I can't take pictures or downloand current pictures onto my computer. I wanted to show off some decorations I made for my kitchen, but I'll have to work that out later I guess.

I wasn't going to do a blog on my Utah trip since most people already know about it and it's been a couple of weeks now. Also, I don't have any cute pictures to go along with it. I'm so bummed because I didn't really take my camera out the whole time I was there because Heather is so good about taking pictures I just thought "oh, I'll get copies". So look at Heather's blog if you want to see some super cute pictures she got of all the kids together. I thought since I'm picture-less anyway I'll go ahead and write a little bit about my trip to see Heather & the gang.
First of all, I am SO grateful to have such an amazing husband who completely understands how important my family is to me and how close we are. When Heather called to tell me what had happened to the Caidster I was devastated. I felt so bad for them and felt even worse because I was so far away and couldn't do anything to help. When I called to let Jared know what was going on all he said was "well you have to get out there as soon as possible". These were my first thoughts as well, but anyone who knows me knows that I am not a spur of the moment type person. I over-analyze everything and everything I do takes too much preparation and planning. Since Jared knows this about me he just go online, found an airline ticket and said call and let your sister know that you and Addison will be there tomorrow afternoon, someone needs to pick you up from the airport. I am so glad he did this for me, it meant a ton for me to be able to go visit the kids.
It was really hard not to cry the first time I saw Caiden. He was all bumped and bruised and broken, it just broke my heart. He is awesome though. He was only down the first couple of days I was there. Then as kids some how do, he miraculously started figuring out how to not let this get him down. Despite having two broken arms he found a way to run around and play and have fun (as much as the over-protective grown-ups would allow). He's such an amazing little guy, I'm so glad he's doing so well.
It was so fun to spend time with all of the kiddos. I can't believe how big Blaise has gotten. He's like a little man now. He's an awesome artist and totally into soccer, skateboarding and biking. He's REALLY good too. Ava is just a crack up. That girl has such a funny personality. I don't know why, but I always expect Ava & Addi to look alike and act alike, but those two could not be more different if they tried. We were hoping they'd just be the best of friends, but at this point they are really quite sassy to one another. It was very amusing watching them interact with one another. The only conversation they had the entire time we were there went a little something like this:
Ava: "no, stop it baby k!"
Addi: "no, no baby, uh-uh!"
We're pretty sure they'll grow out of this little phase, but in the mean time they are too adorable!
The only picture I do have is one of Addison with wild & crazy hair. Heather loved playing with her hair since Ava doesn't have all that much. It's kind of ironic to me that Addison has all this nice hair that I never have any idea what to do with and Avery doesn't have much but Heather is so good at doing cute little hairstyles. Oh well, I'm trying to learn and Ava will have more hair eventually.

I guess that about wraps it up. Addison and I had a blast visiting everyone but were so glad to get home to see daddy. We just have to figure out a way to live by eachother so we can visit whenever we want and take daily trips to Tai Pan!

2 comments:

Heather said...

ahhhhhh, this made me cry reading it. Thank you Jared!!! You are alright in my book, my friend. I loved having you and Addi here. We do need to live closer to each other. That week seemed to fly by! Thank you for ALL your help that week. I know you didn't feel like much, but just having you here was TONS of help, more than you'll ever know. I would have gone crazy that first week. I hope you get your camera working soon, I need to see what you did with your Tai Pan goodies!

BAMA said...

TOO CUTE! OH MY GOSH THAT REALLY EMPHASIZES HOW LONG HER HAIR IS, THAT'S CRAZY.
BUT, WE WON'T LET YOUR DAD SEE THIS PAGE. LOL :)