Saturday, June 16, 2007

WHEREVER DADDY TAKES ME!

In honor of Father's Day I thought I'd dedicate this post to the two most important fathers in the world to me; mine and my children's. I love this picture! It just reminds me of how much faith and trust we have in our dads. They are so strong (physically, mentally & emotionally) and we know that they would never lead us astray. As children we sometimes just hang on and let dad take us to wherever we're supposed to be.

My dad is one of the most amazing men in the world to me. He's had quite a life and has so many fun stories to tell. I truly look up to him. He's such an example to his children of what a hard-worker, provider, husband, father and so much more should be. I have so many great memories of my dad growing up. We couldn't wait for him to get home from work. As soon as he walked in the door Heather & I would run to greet him then race to take off his smelly socks & shoes (yes, weird I know, but for some reason we loved it!). Then we'd rummage through his lunch box because he always had chips or twinkies or ding-dongs or something good leftover that we could eat. I remember the first time he got a brain freeze. Somehow he had managed to never get one in his entire life until he was grown with 3 kids, and we all got to witness it. What a sight! He was drinking a slurpee when all of a sudden he grabbed his forehead and grimaced in pain asking what was happening. We all started laughing because he didn't know what a brain freeze was, then he started laughing hysterically through the pain as well. I love how my dad uses words that nobody else really uses any more, yet somehow still sounds cool. "That's so boss", "that car is cherry'd out", "right on", "that's a gas" and so many more that I just can't think of right now but every once in awhile I will hear and think "hey, my dad's the only other person I've ever heard say that". I love how he taught us important songs like "Gene, Gene made a machine" and "Beans, beans the magical fruit". You just don't hear these classics for some reason any more. But most important I love how very proud he is of each one of his children and how he's always made sure that we all know how much we are loved. I hope you know how much I love you Dad!

Somehow I got lucky enough to marry the other most amazing man in the world. Jared is not only the best husband a gal can have, he's also a wonderful father. There is nothing I enjoy more than watching him and Addison play together, it is so sweet to me. He loves that little girl and takes such good care of her. I love how the manliest of men can just melt and become so cute in the midst of their children. Jared has every quality I could wish the father of my children would have. He's patient, kind, responsible, fun-loving, hard working and so much more. I'm so grateful to his parents for raising such an outstanding man. It's funny because they always say that you marry your father, and boy did I! That might sound kind of weird, but there are so many times that Jared will do something that reminds me so much of my dad. I guess it makes sense that I would want to marry somebody who possesses many of the same qualities as someone else I admire so much.

On this Father's Day I want to thank all of the fathers who have meant so much to me. I have had a lot of outstanding examples in my life. Thank you to my grandpas, in-laws, uncles, Dad & sweetie (Jared). I love you all very much!


I love these pictures of my Dad with Addison. They are so sweet, I tear up every time I look at them.

Daddy & Addi, such a sweet bond between father and daughter!

4 comments:

Heather said...

awwwww! This is such a sweet post. I forgot about the lunch box pilgrimage. Fun times. I thought of another word he uses that I don't hear too often. "Ions." And my all time favorite is "Holther." I have never heard that before. And even though I tease poor Dad about it, I do the same thing to my kids, only I haven't been able to create a combo name yet. I just get frustrated and say "whoever you are!"

Hollie said...

That's so funny. Yep, I forgot about "ions" & "Holther", those are good ones. "Custom" is one I had on the tip of my tongue but just couldn't remember. We'll have to work on that combo name for your kids, that's a tough one. =)

RC said...

IT WAS SUCH A GASER SEEING WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY ABOUT YOUR OLD MAN, RALPH, THANKS. I HAVEN'T THOUGHT ABOUT SOME OF THOSE THINGS IN IONS. WELL, I'M GLAD YOU HAVE SOME FUN AND HAPPY MEMORIES OF YOUR DADDYO, BECAUSE I THINK YOUR ARE A PRETTY OUTASIGHT DAUGHTER, AND I HAVE TOTALLY AWESOME MEMORIES OF YOU KIDS. I AM SO PROUD TO BE YOUR DAD, I ALWAYS GET SUCH A KICK OUT OF YOU, (I THINK YOU HAVE A WARPED SENSE OF HUMMOR LIKE ME). OH, BY THE WAY THANKS FOR ADMITTING I HAVE A BRAIN! REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I EVER HAD COTTON CANDY? YOU KIDS GOT TO BE AROUND FOR A LOT OF MY FIRST, IT WAS FUN TO EXPERIENCE THEM WITH YOU KIDDOS. LOVE YA, DAD

Jamie said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO sweet! Love the pictures. Aren't daddy's of little girls just the absolute BEST?