Wednesday, May 23, 2007

HOORAY FOR BATHS!!!

This is kind of a boring blog, but it's mostly for Heather's benefit. I figured I should let her know that I guess sometimes big sisters do know best. There aren't any fun pictures, as I thought posting pictures of me in the tub would be a bit inappropriate. =) Heather LOVES to take baths, and it's just something that I've never really been into for some reason. Well, as most of you know I just spent a week in Utah with Heather and her family and she took several baths while I was there. Everytime she'd go to take one she'd ask why I don't ever take baths because they're just so peaceful and relaxing. I really didn't have a reason to give her, I just don't. We must have had this conversation 4 or 5 times while I was there. Anyway, yesterday was a terrible day. I was nauseous and throwing up all day, then towards the end of the day I couldn't stand up without feeling like I was going to pass out. I am just SO SICK of being sick (seeing as how it's been over 3 months now) that mentally, physically and emotionally I had just had it. For some reason my chest and back hurt really bad every time I took a breath. Then to top it all off Addison was really fussy in the evening. So, enough of my pity party. I'm not looking for sympathy, I know lots of women are pregnant and sick all the time. My point is, after putting Addison to bed I decided to put Heather's bath theory to the test. I filled up the tub with warm water and fragrant bubbles, then I dimmed the lights and lit some candles in the bathroom. It felt so good just to step into the bathtub, then as I sunk down further aches and pains started to disappear. I laid there relaxing for about 20 minutes or so, and it was just what I needed. When I got out I was calmer and felt better over all. I LOVE BATHS, WOO-HOO!!! I can't wait for my next one. Thanks Heather!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

OH MY GOSH Woman!!!! You have been missing out on one of the greatest gifts God could have EVER given to women!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my baths! They are the best! Most of the time they get interrupted by little ones, but when it is late at night and just me.....it's literally HEAVEN! I'm sooooo glad you finally conformed to us bath-lovers!!!! Welcome to the club, no turning back now! ;)

Heather said...

YAY!!! Aren't they the best. They are a necessity too once you have multiple children. Now you just need to get the Simple Abundance book and read it while you are soaking. Fabulous-o!

Heather said...

Oh ya, one more thing. I TOLD YOU!!!

Heather said...

Have you taken another bath lately?

Hollie said...

As a matter of fact I think I've taken 3 in the week I've been home. It's been lovely!