Wednesday, June 6, 2007

YUMMY!!!

We had the best thing for dinner tonight. Jared has a friend at work who is always making really good food and bringing it in for everyone to try. The other day he brought something in that Jared knew I would love so he got the recipe for me. (Even Jared loves this and he doesn't like vegetables.) I don't know what it's called, but it is wonderful. It is SO simple, yet so delicious. I made some fresh bread to go along with it and we had a great meal. Here's the recipe if anyone is interested.

6-7 squash (green & yellow, sliced)
1 white onion
1 bunch green onions (diced)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can Green Giant white shoepeg corn
cheese (longhorn or monterey jack)
fresh garlic
(I also added some fresh lemon juice for zest)
After cutting everything up, just combine all of the ingredients into a large pan. Cover and cook on high for about 5 minutes. Mix in a handful of cheese, lower heat to medium and continue cooking for about 15-20 minutes. Reduce heat again to a simmer and finish cooking for an additional 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over top and serve.
Trust me, it tastes much better than it looks! Or maybe it's just a pregnancy thing...who knows???

3 comments:

Heather said...

You Go Girl!!

BAMA said...

THANKS, HAVE BEEN IN A BIT OF A WHAT TO FIX FOR DINNER RUT LATELY, SO I WILL HAVE TO TRY THIS.

RC said...

THANKS FOR THE RECIPE. WE TRIED THIS THE OTHER NIGHT AND IT WAS YUMMY! WE MADE A FEW CHANGES FOR OUR TASTE THOUGH. WE DIDN'T USE ANY GREEN ONIONS, AND WE SAUTED THE ONION FIRST, WE USED REG. CORN & WE ADDED DICED GREEN CHILIES. I NOT ONLY ATE IT BUT I REALLY LIKED IT AND YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET ME TO EAT MY VEGGIES.
LOVE, MOM