Wednesday, January 2, 2008

This Christmas!

Watching the kids open presents.
Being surrounded with family.
Doing something nice for others.
Eating good food.
Spending time with my husband.
Relaxing & laughing.
The feeling of Christmas.
THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
and this Christmas was filled with them. We had such a wonderful Christmas and I feel so blessed to be so close to my family. It was so much fun to watch the kids get excited about opening their presents. Well, actually, Urban is still too young to really care and Addison kind of shows enthusiasm like Nick (love ya Nick), but I could still tell that she liked everything and she got more animated later in the morning. It was just nice to all be together and be happy. Later in the evening my mom suggested that we take some goodies to a fire station that is just down the street and I'm so glad that we did. I think we'll make that a new family tradition. The firemen were all so friendly, we had a really good time talking to them. They were so nice they gave Addison stickers and candy canes and told us to come back during the day when it was light out so they could take her on a tour of the fire engine. This is a very pleasant time of year. For the most part people seem to be a bit more compassionate and service oriented, and I wish that was a feeling we could keep all year long.


4 comments:

Nick said...

JAred looks so nice in that pink thing around his neck!

RC said...

MY FAVORITE THINGS AT CHRISTMAS;
FAMILY, GRANDKIDS, CHILDREN, LOVE, REMEMBERING CHRIST, FAMILY GATHERINGS, TIME SPENT WITH LOVED ONES, THE WARMTH AND SPIRIT OF THE SEASON, SERVICE, LAUGHTER, SANTA, THE MUSIC, FOOD, THE EXCITEMENT,THE MEMORIES. NOT TO MENTION THE GREAT PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES, WHICH I USUALLY MISS. IT TRULY IS A WONDERFUL AND MAGICAL TIME OF YEAR.

Jennifer Richins said...

I love all the pictures. Makes me feel like I was part of it.

Melanie said...

I have to agree...Jared looks great in the boa...him and Nick should get together and play Barbies and dress up lol
It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas!