Wednesday, January 23, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY-O!

I hope your day was a gasser! Sorry, I know I waited until the last minute to do this, but it's about the first minute I've had all day when I wasn't dealing with one of the kiddo's. Everybody else pretty much covered everything in their posts, but I just wanted to let you know how totally boss I think you are. I've gotten a lot from you, including my premature gray hair and my warped sense of humor, but there's plenty of good that comes along with that. You are such a unique person, but that's what I love about you the most. You have the absolute best laugh in the world, it's impossible to explain to people. You use words that haven't been used in decades, but still some how manage to sound cool. You're one of the very few people in the world who is so very proud of your pretty white feet and even make up a song to describe them. You sing songs like Fish Heads and Gene Gene Made a Machine. You some how convince your otherwise intelligent daughter that dead fish will come back to life if you freeze, then thaw them out or to climb into the trunk of a car to see if the light goes off or that I'm catching up to you in age because I'm now more than half as old as your are. And you make women around the world jealous because you can get your hair to do anything you want without any sort of product what so ever. I could go on forever, but it is all of these things and SO MUCH MORE that make you such a great guy and THE BEST DAD EVER. Thanks for being you. Happy Birthday!
Love, Ralph Grandpa with his girls, they just love you!By the way, HAPPY 31st ANNIVERSARY yesterday. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful parents. You guys are such a great example of what a marriage should be and how parents should be. You sure raised a fun family who truly enjoys being with one another. Here's to 31 more years (I know what you're thinking dad, and yes you will still be alive then...you better be)!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love that first picture of Dad with the girls. He looks so child like to me.

We have a great Dad, don't we?

RC said...

THANKS RALPH, HEY GREY HAIR IS COOL, HAVEN'T YOU HEARD IT'S THE "NEW" BLONDE. YES, WE DO HAVE MORE FUN! IT'S EASY TO BE THE BEST DAD IN THE WORLD WHEN YOU HAVE THE BEST KIDS IN THE WORLD. REALLY, YOU KIDS ARE AWESOME. I CAN HONESTLY SAY I "LOVE" BEING WITH MY KIDS AND HANGING WITH THEM, THERE IS NEVER A DULL MOMENT. LOVE YA, DAD