Monday, January 28, 2008

"WE THANK THEE, O GOD, FOR A PROPHET"

President Gordon B. Hinckley


I heard the news last night that President Hinckley had passed away and I felt so many different emotions. At first I was just sad, so sad for our church and the world to lose such an amazing man and prophet. But then I felt so glad for him, I know that he must be so happy to return home to be with his sweet wife. They were always so cute to see together, it was very apparent how much love and respect they had for one another. It will be strange to not see him at the next general conference. I always loved watching him speak and reading his talks. I understood and could relate to his messages and loved hearing his cute little jokes and stories. I am so very grateful to have had such a wonderful prophet to lead and direct our church for so many years. We are truly blessed to be able to celebrate the life of such a strong, noble leader and example.
If you'd like to read more about him, there's a great article on the church's website at www.newsroom.lds.org I found it very informative and interesting.

3 comments:

RC said...

I TOO HEARD THE NEWS LAST NIGHT, I TUNED INTO BYUTV AND THEY WERE RUNNING A SPECIAL ABOUT HIM AND HIS LIFE, HE WAS TRULY A SPECIAL SPIRIT, WHO THROUGH FAITH WAS AN INSTRUMENT OF OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN. I ALSO FELT MANY DIFFERENT EMOTIONS. I WAS DEEPLY SAD FOR MY LOSS AND ALL THOSE AROUND THE WORLD WHO LOOKED TO THIS MAN FOR SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE, A MAN WHO EXEMPLIFIED SPIRITUALITY, RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND COMPASSION. I WAS THRILLED FOR HIM TO BE REUNITED WITH HIS BELOVED MARJORIE, ALSO THAT SUCH A GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT WAS RETURNING TO HIS FATHER IN HEAVEN, HE NEVER FAILED TO AMAZE ME WITH HIS FAITH AND SPIRTUALITY, I ALSO LOVED HIS SENSE OF HUMOR. HE SERVED SO FAITHFULLY. I KNOW THAT BROTHER MUNSON HAS VERY LARGE SHOES TO FILL, HOWEVER I KNOW HE CAN, HE TOO IS SUCH A WONDERFUL SPIRIT AND A FAITHFUL AND LOVING SON. I KNOW THE SPIRIT WILL GUIDE HIM TO LEAD US. GOD BLESS PRESIDENT HINKLEY.

Jennifer Richins said...

What a great article. I had no idea he had done as much as he did. He always had the best spirit about him and I loved listening to him.

Heather said...

I just did a post on Presiden Hinckley too. He was such an amazing man. He was so real. I think that is why he will be missed so much. Can you imagine the reunion going on in Heaven? It has to be something amazing! I get goosebumps just thinking about it.