Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Eve Party!

We had such a nice Christmas weekend. My parents came into town Saturday evening and stayed until Wednesday. We really enjoyed having them here, the kids loved it! We got in some last minute shopping, ate lots of yummy foods, watched some movies, played around and ate some more. Addison always has the best time with bapa and bom bom (we finally figured out that that's what she calls grandma), she loves all of the attention she gets. And of course Urban was an angel for my mom (and yes dad, that still pisses me off!). =) For those of you wondering, my dad asked me if it made me mad that Urban would be fussy for me but then as soon as my mom would take him he would stop crying. The answer is YES, although I very much appreciated the help.
Click to play Christmas+Eve
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox








Our family has a tradition of doing an appetizer dinner for Christmas Eve, so this year we invited Jared's family over too. Bipa & bipa came (that's what Addison calls grandma & grandpa Estes) along with Julie and her kids and Joe & Trecia and their kids. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! It got a bit chaotic at times, but we always have so much fun when we're all together. Dianna suggested that we do a white elephant gift exchange, and I'm so glad that we did, it was a blast. Jared and I finally got rid of those stinkin' elephant under ware that his brother Jake gave us when we first got married (5 years ago) and we made sure that Ron got them. HEE HEE! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of that. I also didn't get a picture of the food table, but boy did we have quite a spread. There were meatballs, little smokies, veggies, fruits, cookies, brownies, shrimp, crackers, cheese, olives, chips & dip, drinks, chicken salad, bacon wrapped artichoke hearts, mini quiches and more. It was all so delicious. Then we took the kiddos outside to sprinkle reindeer food and glitter on the grass so Santa would know how to find our house. The entire time we were doing this Addison kept reminding me that she doesn't like Santa and didn't want him to come to our house. I assured her that he would come at night when she was sleeping so she wouldn't have to see him. He would just drop off her presents and leave. Oh, Jared and Joe also entertained us by putting on a wrestling match. I'm not sure who won but they must have been at it for 15-20 minutes. They finally stopped when Dianna threw water on them. It was quite amusing watching two grown men wrestling like they were 10 year olds.
After watching their daddy wrestle Addison & Urban decided to give it a try. Just kidding, Addison was just trying to hold Urban but he started to tip over so it looks like she has him in a head lock.This is the real wrestling match. Jared was glad that I posted a picture that looks like he's winning. =)
We really did have such a good time. I can't wait until next year so we can do it again.

4 comments:

Cowgirl at Heart said...

Wow does Urban look like Claudia in the slideshow picture. He is getting so big already! Glad you had a good Christmas. We also had glitter and reindeer food, must be a new generation thing!

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick said...

Lol that picture of Jared wrestling is awesome! I think its funny how scared addi is of Santa

RC said...

YOU GOT SOME GREAT SHOTS. IT WAS A FUN AND ENTERTAINING CHRISTMAS. DAD AND I ENJOYED IT AND HAD A WONDERFUL TIME. THANKS URBAN & ADDISON, YOU'RE GREAT EGO BOOSTERS.
LOVE YA,