Saturday, December 8, 2007

Blessing

Urban was blessed last Sunday, December 2nd. It is such a special and emotional occasion to have your child blessed. I am so grateful to Jared for being worthy and willing to bless our children. Urban looked so sweet and heavenly in his blessing outfit. It was really neat because he wore Jared's blessing outfit, little booties from Dianna's side of the family and he had my blanket from when I was blessed which was also used for Heather's kids and other family members. I'm so glad that our families were able to share this wonderful day with us. It is amazing to me to look at my little baby during peaceful moments and know that he is still so close to his Father in heaven. I love to watch him smile in his sleep and like to think that he's remembering and dreaming about celestial moments before he came to this earth. Urban Claude truly is a blessing in our lives and I know that he will continue to bless us forever.

This is a family picture taken at church the day Urban was blessed. Bapa & Bama Van Rij, Grandpa & Grandma Estes, Joe & Trecia and their family. Julie and her family were also there, unfortunately we didn't get them in the picture...so sorry about that.

2 comments:

Nick said...

I wish I could have been there for this. Blessings are so special. Thats really cool that you got to use the blanket from Mom and the outfit jared wore.

Heather said...

I so wish I could have been there! This being broke thing has really turned me into a bad sister!! I can't believe that I am the last person on earth to hold that precious boy. I should have been one of the first!!! I love you guys!