Saturday, December 15, 2007

SHE LIKES HIM

SHE REALLY LIKES HIM!!!
It's only taken two months, but Addison FINALLY not only acknowledges Urban's existence but interacts with him too. It's not that Addison has been mean to Urban up to this point, she just hasn't paid much attention to him at all. These past couple of weeks though she's been so cute with him. If I'm giving him a bottle she wants to be the one to feed him and she loves to help me give him a bath. She gets really stressed out when he cries so she'll try to comfort him by saying "shh Urman (that's how she says his name), it's okay" then she'll try to stuff his pacifier in his mouth whether he wants it or not and come tell me that "baby brother is crying". If he's laying on the couch sleeping she likes to cover him up with a blanket, although it's a bit scary because she always covers up his face as well. She even gets down on the floor and plays with him while he's having tummy time. I think this may be a bit more because she's fascinated by his baby toys and because of the attention she gets, but it's still cute. She absolutely LOVES when he smiles at her and thinks it's hilarious when he burps or farts (which is constantly). For some reason she's got this strange fascination with his eyes and likes to poke them which of course makes Urban and me extremely upset! She still gets a bit jealous from time to time which is understandable, but for the most part she's a great big sister. I'm very proud of her and hope that they grow up to be very close siblings.

The animals like to get in on the playing action too! (and no, I don't normally let the cat in the baby's crib!)

5 comments:

Heather said...

I know I say this almost every post, but she is SO cute! She is a great big sister. When we told the kids we couldn't go to Phoenix anymore for Christmas, the kids were ALL very sad. Blaise just kinda pouted. Avery said in a very sad voice, "addison." And Caiden asked if we could trade Addison and Avery. I told him that he would miss Avery after awhile, and he said he never would. So then I asked him why he thought he would like having Addison around more, and he said "because she is a little nicer. I might miss Avery, but then she would be mean to me and I would want to trade again."

Jamie Lynn said...

That is too sweet! It always takes the toddler a little while to warm up to the idea that this baby is here to stay! Funny kids! LOVE his crib, too cute!

Jennifer Richins said...

How fun! I love seeing little kids interacting with each other. It's so precious.

RC said...

TOO PRECIOUS! SHE IS GOING TO BE A WONDERFUL BIG SISTER, URBAN IS VERY LUCKY.
BIG HUGS FROM BAMA & BAPA

Nick said...

I love the picture of the kids and the cat in the crib together.