Tuesday, December 4, 2007

OH SANTA!

We took the kids to see Santa this weekend while my parents were here, and as you can probably tell from the pictures it didn't go so well. I wasn't sure how Addison would react to Santa, so I kept telling her how nice he is and that if she sits on his lap and is a good girl he'll bring her presents. Well she seemed to be okay the first half of the line, but the closer we got the more she seemed like she didn't want to do it (it didn't help that she was already cranky from missing her nap). When I went to set her on Santa's lap she freaked out, so then I just put her on my lap and sat next to Santa. TOO LATE! The damage had already been done, she wanted nothing to do with it. She wasn't the only one who was upset. Urban had been all comfy, cozy & asleep on Grandma so when she handed him over to Santa he got mad and started crying as well. So we have this wonderful picture with me and Santa smiling and both of the kids on our laps crying hysterically! I don't think we'll be taking them back to see Santa again unless they specifically ask to see him because otherwise it's just traumatic for the poor kids. Can we say "mother of the year"...again?!
This picture CRACKS ME UP! It looks like Santa and I are having a great old time just chit chatting and laughing, meanwhile Urban and Addison are crying their little eyes out. It doesn't even seem like I care that my daughter is running off away from me. What you can't see in this picture is that grandma and grandpa are standing off to the side, she's running to them to be rescued.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Those pictures crack me up. Especially the one of you and Santa chatting away . . .

I don't think I would like the job of bein Santa, it seems like hardly any of the kids like him.

Melanie said...

Oh wow! lol What funny pictures! Especially the one where you and Santa are enjoying your visit while the kids cry. Addison running away is just too funny!
Tori's never seen Santa, only the Easter bunny...and I think the year she was Addison's age wasn't so thrilling either lol

Nick said...

They look like the kids in a christmas story! Thats funny, poor kids if they only knew how cool he was!

Jennifer Richins said...

I wonder what freaks kids out so much about meeting Santa. Even with both of them in hysterics, they're cute pictures!

RC said...

AHHH, THE BEST LAYED PLANS. IT'S SAD YET FUNNY ALL AT THE SAME TIME. IT IS STILL AN ADORABLE PICTURE. TOO CUTE!! :)

I HAVE TO ADMIT I LOVED THAT ADDISON CAME RUNNING TO GRANDMA FOR SECURITY, AND URBAN WASN'T CRYING WHEN GRANDMA HAD HIM BUT THE MINUTE I PASSED HIM OFF TO SANTA THE TEARS BEGAN.

WE HAD A GREAT TIME WITH YOU GUYS THIS WEEKEND THANKS FOR HAVING US OUT.

LOVE YA