Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Baby Whisperer!

It was so nice to have my parents here visiting last weekend. We always enjoy spending time together. They are such awesome grandparents, Addison always gets so excited when they come to see us. It was especially nice this time because my mom has this amazing gift. BABIES ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER! This is a quality I very much admire and desire. She's always been so great with babies and kids, and they always respond really well to her. Urban is pretty fussy and he's hard to calm down a lot of the time. I'm always telling my mom how much he cries and how little sleep he allows me to get. I don't think she believes me though because he was so good the entire time they were here. He even slept better at night. He happened to be sleeping when they left, but he woke up 20 minutes later and fussed the rest of the night. I guess he missed his grandma already. Jared and I keep saying that we think we're going to have to have her move in with us for the sake of our sanity.


Some how we ended up not getting a picture of my mom and Urban together even though she was holding him almost the entire weekend. So this is her giving him a kiss on the head while he was sleeping before she left.

7 comments:

Jennifer Richins said...

How fun to have your parents out. What a treat for all.

Cowgirl at Heart said...

It's a quality I've always admired in your mom! She is the original "earth mother". She has been that way since she was wee little. She was always such a good mother to her baby dolls too!

Heather said...

mom is awesome at that. I remember when Ava had colic, she would sit on the phone with me and listen to me cry and listen to Avery SCREAM her head off, and all she kept saying was "I wish I was there!" Why would anyone in their right mind wish they would be where a colicky baby is and sleep deprived, cranky daughter?

RC said...

I FEEL SO BLESSED TO HAVE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET BABIES IN MY LIFE. I THINK THERE IS NOTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS A LITTLE SPIRIT SO FRESH FROM OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.

(FUNNY THING, OUT OF ALL OF THE MANY, MANY, MANY BABIES I HAVE ENJOYED TAKING CARE OF THROUGHOUT MY LIFE THERE WERE TWO THAT APPARENTLY DID NOT FIND COMFORT WITH ME, SADLY I MUST SAY, ONE, WAS MY GRANDSON CAIDEN. HE REALLY MADE ME WORK FOR HIS LOVE, MAYBE THAT IS WHY WE HAVE SUCH A SPECIAL BOND NOW, UH K-BEAR) :)

Nick said...

Mom always has had a way with babies. When I have kids I guess I will know who to ship them off to right? lol

Jamie Lynn said...

SO sweet!! I love that your parents are so close for you. What a great time and super cute pictures!

Melanie said...

I love the picture of her kissing Urban. It's so sweet.
Also, I wanted to let you know I was a dork and accidently changed my blog link..so here's the new one: http://piecesofme2781.blogspot.com/