Thursday, November 1, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

I know everyone wants to see pictures of Halloween so I'll post that next, but I never did a post of our pumpkins so I'll do that first. We almost didn't have any this year because the carving turned out to be a bit of a fiasco. Cleaning out the pumpkin was actually a lot of fun. Addison was so cute. Every time she'd reach her hand in to pull out pumpkin guts she'd say "eww, poo poo"! So then we'd explain to her that it wasn't poo poo (I think anything gross is labeled as poo poo) and she'd so "no it's not poo poo it's pee pee". That girl cracks me up, I think she's been hanging around Caiden too much! =) Even though she thought it was some sort of bathroom product she still wanted to eat it so I told her to try a seed which she moved around her mouth for a minute then spit out. We put her to bed at this point because it was late and she couldn't help with the carving anyway. Jared started carving the pumpkin and ended up cutting off a wrong piece so he yelled at it then threw the knife inside then walked away. So then I went to finish carving it thinking that Jared was ridiculous for getting so upset with a pumpkin. Well I accidentally tore off the cat's head so I too yelled at it and threw the head inside the pumpkin. (I'm so glad Addison was already in bed so she didn't have to see her grown parents throwing temper tantrums!) We left the pumpkin alone for the rest of the night and I finished it the next day, salvaging it the best I could. Jared brought a new pumpkin home and did a very basic design on that one as to not start any more pumpkin wars!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Very cute pumpkins. I wish you had a video of you guys! That cracks me up!!!

Nick said...

I agree carving pumpkins is very difficult. You guys did a good job though :)

RC said...

OH, HOW YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP, I'M STILL LAUGHING. :) NOW YOU SEE WHY YOUR FATHER REALLY DOESN'T "DO" CARVING PUMPKINS. OR MAYBE IT'S MORE I DON'T ALLOW HIM. BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE SPLATTERED PUMPKIN ALL OVER MY WALLS !!!!
HA, HA, I'M STILL LAUGHING, JUST THINKING ABOUT IT. THANKS I COULD USE A GOOD LAUGH TODAY.

Jamie said...

Ok, first of all the pumpkins look GREAT! Secondly, look how flippin' SKINNY you are already!!!!!! You and your sister have the best metabolisms EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAT! ;) hee hee