Thursday, November 1, 2007

SHE ACTUALLY WORE IT!!!

OH HAPPY DAY! Addison finally let me put her Halloween costume on her. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain. I decided to make Addison a little mermaid costume since Ariel is her favorite princess. I bought material to sew the bottom part then dyed her top purple to look like sea shell cups. And her long flowing hair is just the perfect finishing touch. But whenever I would go to try the bottom part on her to make sure it fit she would get hysterical. For some reason she DID NOT want anything to do with it. I was so upset because I really wanted her to dress up for Halloween. I was talking with my sister in law Julie and asked her if she wanted to come over to see if maybe she could get Addison to wear it. A couple of weeks prior Julie had bought Addison a super cute Belle dress-up outfit and she got Addison to put that on so I thought since she loves her Aunt Julie so much maybe this would work. Well, no such luck, she wouldn't put on her little mermaid costume or the Belle dress. Next I talked to my mother in law and told her the problem I was having, so she brought over a cute little fairy outfit the night before Halloween to see if maybe Addison would wear that. NOPE! Not only would she not wear these things but she would throw an absolute fit if we tried to put them on her. Then I thought that maybe I could just get her to wear her tights & leotard and put her hair in a bun and she could be a cute little ballerina. So here I am with four different options for my stubborn little lady and she would have none of them. I was so sad that I wasn't going to be able to get her to dress up, but I just wasn't sure what I could do about it. Well guess what! On Halloween day, for some strange reason she actually put on her little mermaid costume and wasn't upset about it at all. HALLELUJAH!!! It was a Halloween miracle. So here she is, my beautiful little mermaid.

I was so excited that she actually wore it and everybody knew who she was supposed to be. We went trunk or treating at the church and had a lot of fun. Of course as soon as we got there though Addison told me she had to go to the bathroom so we had to take everything off; her top, bottoms, leotard, tights and then it ended up being a false alarm so we just put it all back on again. Oh well, what do you do? Anyway, we somewhat decorated the back of the van and passed out candy and took Addison around trick or treating while Urban slept the entire time.
Here's a picture of Addison with Grandma. Jared's mom cracks me up, she looked so cute. I'm not quite sure what she was supposed to be but she stuffed her chest, had on crazy clothes & a wig and pulled it off very well!Jared bought Urban a little soldier costume, he looked so cute. Here he is yawning, he wasn't really bothered with the shananigans going on around him. We'll have to get him more in the spirit of things next year!This picture makes me laugh, I wish you could've all seen it in person. This is once we were back at home and about 5 or 6 pieces of candy later. Addison was having Dance Party USA in our living room, it was too cute! (doesn't she kind of look like she's doing the stoner dance like she's at Woodstock or something? she was high on candy!)


I'm so sad because these are the only pictures I got of the two of them together and they're not very good at all. At first we couldn't get Addison to cooperate. She didn't want to sit by Urban. Then by the time she was being all lovey-dovey with him the batteries in my camera died. I was SO MAD. Oh well, it actually ended up being perfect timing because it was then that I noticed that Addison's "fin" was coming apart at the seam. Guess I didn't do such a great job sewing it, perhaps that's why Addison didn't want to wear it, she was embarrassed of the poor quality. =) All in all we had a great Halloween, it was a lot of fun! Hope everyone else enjoyed their's as well.
p.s. So Heather, tell me the truth, would Addison's costume have won your prize for best home made costume (aka cheapest looking and put together at the last minute)? You can be honest, it won't hurt my feelings. I'll just never talk to you again! =)





2 comments:

Heather said...

I don't think she would have one for best homemade costume because it turned out REALLY REALLY cute. I had it pictured different, and it looks better than what I pictured. You made it sound awful! She looks JUST like Ariel. And Urban is such a cutie too!!! I love how funny Addison is when she lets loose. She cracks me up!

RC said...

HOW ADORABLE, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU DID A FINE JOB ON ADDISONS COSTUME. BOTH THE KIDS LOOK SO CUTE!! BIG HUG AND KISSES FROM GRANDMA. ADDISONS DANCE CRACKS ME UP, SHE IS SO DARN FUNNY!!!!!!! :)