Monday, November 19, 2007

7 Things

I have been tagged so I have to think of 7 unique things about myself to share with my readers. Anyone else who reads this is now tagged as well and has to do the same thing. Now I am just about the most plain, boring person in the world, so sorry if this puts you to sleep. Here goes:

1. I love the mixture of sweet & salty foods. One of my favorite things is to dip french fries in a frosty or ice cream of some sort. I like the sweet/salty combo as well as the mix of hot and cold.

2. I think it is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS when people trip and fall down. I know, I'm sick in the head, but I just can't help it. I feel really bad and I try to ask if people are okay before I start cracking up, but I usually can't control the laughter. For some strange reason nothing is funnier to me. Don't worry, I'm not a hypocrite, I laugh at myself just as hard if not harder when I fall down!

3. I am extremely fascinated with the human body. I love anatomy and physiology and am intrigued with how the body looks and functions. I got to dissect a cat in high school and think that is just about the coolest thing I've ever done. It is my dream to dissect a cadaver some day. (Am I scaring people yet???)

4. I have a bachelor's degree in Kinesiology which is the study of body movement. More and more lately I have had such a strong desire to become a physical therapist. I WILL go back to physical therapy school one of these days. I feel like I've never been good at anything except for school. I really don't have any talents or excel in any particular area. I always enjoyed school and got good grades, so I think I should pursue it further.

5. So I've never been formally diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I have some form of OCD to some degree. I count everything (number of times I chew my food, how many buttons I've buttoned on my blouse, cars I've passed on the road, etc.). And the counting usually occurs in multiples of seven. I also "mentally" type things that are being said in my head. I know this probably doesn't make any sense but I don't know how to explain it more clearly. I don't do these things consciously, and when I realize I'm doing them I make an effort to stop. I know I sound completely crazy, but be assured these things do not interfere with my life in any way. I think this is probably too much info. I almost deleted this one but Jared told me to leave it in, it's too weird to take out. He thinks my mental problems are funny. =)

6. When I was 15 I had exploratory surgery and found out that I have two cervix, two uterus and only one kidney. Now to most people this isn't that interesting, but whenever I walk into a new OBGYN's office they can't wait to get a look at me.

7. Since Heather posted about her experience with boys I figured I would too because Jared thinks it's strange that we both didn't kiss someone until so late. I was never asked to any dances in high school, except a guy friend did invite me to senior prom. I did not have my first kiss until I was 19 years old (yes, I was THAT girl who didn't get kissed in high school), or my first "real" boyfriend until I was 21. Jared was only the second boyfriend (and the last) I have ever had. For some reason this always surprises people, but back in high school I was not quite the hot babe that I am now. JUST KIDDING!

So there you have it. My mom and sister are pretty much the only ones who ever read my blog, and they already know all of this about me (except for maybe #5). They have to love me because they're family, but I've probably succeeded in scaring everybody else off.

4 comments:

RC said...

YOU ARE SO UNIQUE, I LOVE YOU !

# 1. I’M WITH YOU ON THE SWEET & SALTY, LOVE THAT COMBO, I THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE LOST ME ON THE FRIES AND FROSTY THOUGH, BUT I CAN’T SAY NO UNTIL I TRIED IT, I WAS SKEPTICAL WHEN HEATHER TOLD ME ABOUT POPCORN WITH HOT TAMALES, BUT ONCE I TRIED IT I WAS HOOKED.

YOU HAD ME @ # 2. SORRY YOU MUST GET YOUR SICK SENSE OF HUMOR FROM ME, I STARTED LAUGHING JUST READING ABOUT IT, WE NEED THERAPY. :)

AS FOR 3, 4, & 5, YOU HAVE SUCH A FASCINATING MIND, I’VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEAVE IT TO SCIENCE.

# 6. EVEN MORE INTERESTING TO OBGYN’S NOW WITH TWO MIRACLE BABIES. MOST DOCTORS THOUGHT WERE NOT EVEN A POSSIBILITY.

# 7. LIKE I ALWAYS TOLD YOU GIRLS PRETTY GIRLS ARE INTIMIDATING, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE SHY. THE PLUS SIDE TO THIS, IT MADE YOUR DAD A VERY, VERY HAPPY MAN. :)

LOVE YA,
MOM

Heather said...

Has anyone ever told you that you are a lot like Rain Man?? HA HA

Melanie said...

Nick tells me (while laughing) that I'm OCD all the time. I like to organzie everything...usually alphabetically or by type...I just organized our bookmark list so all the icons to the left of the name of the bookmark matched in groups. I'm also really picky about how things are positioned. Nick thinks it's fun to move my stuff too! lol

Jennifer Richins said...

You are too funny! I was reading all of yours thinking how we're totally the same...until I got to number 5! That cracks me up. I never would have thought that about you, but it's adorable.