Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"Way Back Wednesday"

I had mentioned in one of Heather's blog posts that I thought I looked a bit like a giant in one of the pictures. This reminded me of my prom pictures. If ever I looked like a giant this picture proves it! I didn't particularly want to go to prom in the first place. I didn't dance and there wasn't anybody I wanted to go with. I NEVER dated in high school, so I just wasn't that comfortable with the whole situation. Well, there was this guy in one of my classes who asked me, and since I was way to nice to say no I ended up going with him. My prom date was considerably shorter than me, but not as much as this picture makes it seem. I look HUGE compared to him. It makes me laugh every time I see it. I don't know why I keep posting these pictures that embarrass myself. Oh well, I guess I should just embrace my lameness! The funny thing is I swore I would never date anyone shorter than me after this, but for some reason that's all that would ever ask me out...short guys. I ended up marrying someone shorter than me (not by much) and I couldn't be happier. All works out in the end. ;-)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I think it's funny that you think you look like a giant all the time. Maybe we sung "ho ho ho. the Hollie green giant." one too many times! HA HA

Hollie said...

Perhaps, but you can't tell me that this picture doesn't look funny!

RC said...

OK, WE THINK YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL, AND WE THINK YOUR HEIGHT IS STRIKING AND ELEGANT. BUT, THIS PICTURE REALLY DOES LOOK LIKE AN OPTICAL ILLUSION, OR ONE OF THOSE HOUSES AT CARNIVALS THAT DESTORT THINGS AND MAKE THEM LOOK DIFFERENT THEN THEY REALLY ARE. WE HAVE TO ADMIT, IT MAKES US LAUGH EVERYTIME WE LOOK AT IT TOO.

P.S. IT IS A VERY CONFIDENT PERSON WHO CAN LAUGH AT THEIR SELF. WE LOVE THAT ABOUT YOU.