Thursday, July 12, 2007

Daddy's Little Helper

Addison just LOVES to help mommy & daddy do things around the house. It's been hard for me because it's usually so much faster and easier if I just do it myself (I've never been good at accepting help from anyone) but it makes her so happy to feel like she's doing something important. So I've really made an effort to let her help me do the dishes, laundry, dusting or whatever else it is I'm doing. Well, she loves helping her daddy even more because she's not able to very often. The other day Jared was putting together some chairs we had gotten to go with a table that we bought and Addison was so eager to jump right in there. It was so cute! She had just gotten out of her bath, which explains the no clothes...sorry, but she just had no time for shenanigans such as getting dressed. She had to hurry and help before daddy was done. She ran over to where he was, grabbed an allen wrench and started twisting away wherever she saw a screw. I got one picture of her face that I just LOVE. It's her "I'm so proud of myself but I'm trying really hard not to show it by smiling" face.
It's so fun for me to watch Jared & Addison together. It reminds me of when my dad would take my sister and me to work. He would give us some scrap pieces of wood and we would just nail them together with a hammer. Why this was so exciting I'm not real sure. I think just because we felt important like we were really helping our dad out.
Anyhoo on a side note, I've included pictures of our new table too because Jared is very proud of the deal we got. It was 90% off at the JC Penney Furniture outlet store! It also has a built in leaf that pulls out to make the table square.

6 comments:

Heather said...

90% off!!!!!!!! That is unheard of! Good for you! I love the "I am so proud of myself, but I am not gonna show you!" look. Caiden does it too!

RC said...

OH, HEART MELTING, THERE IS JUST SOMETHING SO SWEET AND SPECIAL ABOUT LITTLE ONE'S HELPING THEIR DADDY'S. AS FOR THE LETTING HER HELP YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW IT'S FASTER TO JUST DO YOUR SELF. GOOD FOR YOU, BECAUSE BELIEVE IT OR NOT, THERE WILL COME A DAY THAT SHE WON'T BE QUITE SO EAGER TO HELP, SO THIS IS GOOD, YOU ARE LAYING GOOD GROUND WORK FOR THE FUTURE. WAY TO GO BARGAIN HUNTERS! LOVE THE NEW TABLE AND CHAIRS, IT WILL EVEN LOOK BETTER WHEN DAD & I GET IN GEAR AND COME BUILD A BANQUET FOR YOU! WE WILL TRY TO DO THAT SOON, MAYBE WE CAN DO THE CASING AROUND YOUR WINDOWS AND THE DECORATING OF THE KIDDO'S ROOMS ALL AT THE SAME TIME. LET'S PLAN A WORK/VISIT DATE.

Hollie said...

Heather, I think I know which look of Caiden's you are talking about. If it's the one I'm thinking you captured it on your POTD page. I love it, too cute!

Jamie said...

So cool! I LOVE the JC Penney outlet store. We got our living room set there too! She is so stinkin cute! She looks EXACTLY like you Hollie!

Hollie said...

Hey Jamie, if you happen to look at this again, I'm blocked from viewing your blog. You have to add me, unless of course this was done intentionally, in which case never mind! =)

RC said...

HOLLIE, GLAD TO HEAR I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE BLOCKED BY JAMIE, I WAS STARTING TO THINK IT WAS JUST AN OLD PEOPLE OUT OF THE LOOP THING. WELL, MAYBE! JK. :)