Monday, June 14, 2010

L-A-Z-Y

I AIN'T GOT NO ALIBI
I'M LAZY
YEAH, YEAH
I'M LAZY!


CHECK IT OUT...


I am so totally behind on blogging right now and I have so much to blog about. Last month was very busy for us which is part of the reason why I haven't had time to blog, and the other part can be attributed to my LAZINESS!


I have had absolutely no motivation lately to do anything. I have several projects I need to finish, my house is a disaster, I need to get caught up on laundry and get it put away, I need to do stuff for girls camp, I need to get back into an exercise routine, I need to plan some fun things to do with the kiddos this summer, and the list goes on...


I think part of my problem is that I have so much to do that when I think about it I just get overwhelmed and don't know where to start so I just don't do anything at all. Makes perfect sense right? NOT!!! I'm not sure what my problem is. I haven't always been like this. Usually if something needs to be done I just do it, I don't stress over it for weeks until I let it go for so long that it becomes a huge ordeal.


Anyway, something sort of clicked the other night. We had Chinese food for dinner and I read my fortune to Jared. It said something like 'you will be involved in many humanitarian efforts in your life'. I thought that was kind of neat, I like to help people. Well do you know what he had the gumption to do when I read this to him? Go ahead, take a guess. He laughed at me! And not just a little chuckle, but like a big, belly laugh. THE NERVE! So I asked him what in the heck he thought was so funny and was a bit taken back by his response. He said, and I quote..."honey, don't take this the wrong way because it's both of us, not just you, but we're too lazy to do stuff like that". The sad part is, he's totally right. And even worse is the fact that apparently we're both aware of this but have just accepted it as our way of life rather than do something to change it.


Well not any more. I am done being lazy and I am definitely done being okay with it. It's going to be hard to break old habits but I CAN DO IT...starting tomorrow! haha, I crack myself up. ;)


I figure the blogging world is a great place to start. That's easy enough, right? Since I do have so many posts to catch up on I'm going to try to do at least one a day for the next couple of days so keep checking back (this means you grandmas).

4 comments:

April said...

ok I have never thought you to be "lazy" and I think you do a lot more than you think- isn't that whole girl's camp school supplies thing "humanitarian"? Did you get my school stuff by the way? I'm sure you did- I dropped it off at Brandy's awhile ago.

Anyway- you are doing great things. But I know how you feel.

And once I feel somewhat normal again after the baby is born, let's go to the gym together. It is easier to accomplish goals with someone else.

love you Hollie.

Melanie said...

I agree - lazy isn't a word I would have put with you. Me? Probably. You? Nah - you can't be lazy with Addison and Urban lol I do know how you feel though - I've been trying to get out of my funk lately and spending a few days on bed rest did not help matters lol But good luck getting rid of that funky lazy feeling! -hugs-

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

Hollie! I was wondering when you would ever write on your blog :)
I feel the same way sometimes....like I have a million things I want to accomplish and I write them all down...and then when it comes to doing them....I just don't care anymore. It's a very frustrating feeling!
I never for once considered you a lazy person....you just don't seem like that kind of a person to me. :)
Well I have faith in you and you have inspired me to be more productive with my time. Thanks :)

Jennifer Richins said...

You crack me up! And Jared's response does too. Lazy? You have three wonderful kids...and that in itself takes a whole lot of effort (I'm really just assuming here since I don't have three kids. But I do have one and any bit of laziness flew right out the window the day we brought him home).