Friday, June 18, 2010

Preschool Graduation

I can't believe my oldest baby is about to start kindergarten. It makes me so sad but so excited for things to come all at the same time. Time has gone by so quickly and I hear it seems even faster once your little ones start school...hard to imagine. I am going to bawl like a baby the first day I drop her off at kindergarten.

Addison absolutely loved preschool. She made lots of friends, loved her teachers and learned a lot. Her teachers loved her too. They always wrote the sweetest remarks on her papers and constantly told me how much they enjoyed having her in their class. Naturally this wasn't a surprise to me. What's not to love? Okay, so she's not perfect but I think she behaved a little better at school than she does at home...thank goodness. Of course Urban wasn't there to fight with and that's usually the main reason for her acting up.

Her class had a really cute program that they presented the day of graduation. The kids sang songs and demonstrated some of the various things they learned throughout the year. The last couple months of school they learned about different cultures. What they wear, eat, how they play, what language they speak, where they're at in the world, etc. In the above picture Addison's group was portraying Polynesian culture and she got to play the ukulele.
She looked so cute in her little cap & gown.
Here she is with her teachers, Mrs. Edwards & Mrs. Wilson.
I'm so glad that Addison liked preschool so much. I don't think she'll have any problem at all transitioning into kindergarten.

6 comments:

RC said...

OMG, she's ADORABLE!!! How fun.
I can't believe she will be starting
Kindergarten, it's a whole new world.
I'll have to make some outfits for her
New school year.
Big Hugs from Bama.
XXXX0000

Melanie said...

How cute! Love the photos - he cap and gown was so cute! Way to go Addison!

Lindsay said...

Way to go Addison!! She looks so darling in her little cap and gown. I'm sure I'll feel the same way when Mylee goes to kindergarten.. such a big milestone for both of you.

Shari said...

She is so cute! I sad about sending the girls to kindergarten too, but they were so excited and loved school so much, it made it a little easier to see how excited they were. I am sure Addison will love it too.

Jennifer Richins said...

Awww...she's adorable. I can't believe she's about to go to kindergarten.

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

Aww!! I vaguely remember my preschool graduation or any preschool for that matter. I do remember I liked it though. What a special time! Her little cap and gown are super super cute!