Saturday, February 20, 2010

Journey of Smiles!

Is there anything better in the entire world than baby smiles? I think not. They melt my heart, make me oh so happy and completely make up for all of the sleeplessness that happens at night. Lilah bear has been smiling for a long time now, but it's not so easy to catch them on camera. I've gotten lots of her little, coy smiles but am yet to capture a huge, open mouth smile. She's really a pretty happy baby and smiles all the time, but as soon as I get out the camera she gets focused on that so she puts on her "ooh, what is that contraption" face and forgets about the smiles. I don't like to make her stop smiling, so I usually put the camera away in order to get those toothless grins back again.



It's so funny looking at these pictures, she looks so different to me. Some of them are from quite a while ago, but even the more recent ones look different. She doesn't look the same on camera as she does in person.

The other kids LOVE to make her smile. It cracks me up because I don't think Urban quite understands that she's smiling when she opens her mouth really wide. He likes whatever it is that she's doing, but he doesn't realize it's a smile. He'll come up to her, and in his little baby talk voice say, "come on Lilah, open your mouth, open your mouth Lilah". Then she'll smile at him and he'll look at me all proud of himself and say "baby tiny opened her mouth". Too cute!


I'll continue my work getting "the big one" on camera. Don't you worry your pretty little heads though, it will be done. Oh yes, it will be done!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT A DOLL...SHE IS GETTING BIG SO FAST...I LOVE THE FACT THAT I CAN GO TO YOUR BLOG AND STAY IN TOUCH WITH MY LITTLE ONES...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...I WILL BE WAITING TO SEE "THE BIG ONE"...KISS THEM ALL FOR ME...LOVE, DI

Jennifer Richins said...

She really does look different in every shot. Can't wait to meet her.

Lindsay said...

Ahhh that's so sweet.... She is so cute! It's crazy how fast they grow!

Heather said...

i love that last picture!

The Lingo Family said...

She sure is a cutie! LOVE LOVE LOVE that last shot the most. Just cute.

RC said...

OH - SO - ADORABLE ! ! !

Yep, she melted my heart, love those baby smiles. Glad you caught some and posted them. Thanks.

She is such a little cutie, I can't believe how much see has changed, can't wait to get up there and get some close up smiles.

XXX OOO (((HUGS)))