Sunday, February 14, 2010

Father/Son Outing

Jared won 2 tickets to Monster Jam on Friday night so he and Urban got to spend the night doing manly things. I was so excited for them to get to have some alone time together. Jared is loving it now that Urban is getting old enough to go do fun stuff like this. They went out to grab a bite to eat then headed to the show.


Here they are on the way out the door. I just think they look so cute. Urban didn't quite understand what was going on. When we told him they were going to see a monster truck show he thought it was something they'd be watching on tv. He kind of freaked out when the trucks first came out because they were so noisy. Once Jared got his ear plugs in and got him settled down a bit he loved it. Here are some pictures Jared took with his phone. They're not the greatest quality, but you get the gist.




Apparently Urban was quite distracted for a little while because there was a family behind him eating churros. Even though he had kettle corn to munch on he still coveted the delicious treat behind him. I guess at one point after he had been staring long enough, the nice lady behind them gave him a piece of her churro. He was happy as could be after that and gave his full attention to the monster trucks. He is so silly!

At first Addison was a little bit sad that she didn't get to go with the boys, but I told her we could have a fun girls night at home. After she came up with the brilliant idea of having a pajama party she was ecstatic and couldn't wait for the boys to leave. So we went to the store to get yummy treats and stuff for dinner. We came home, got into our comfy clothes, and the fun began. She helped me make dinner which is like the best thing in the world to her. Then we made Rice Krispies Treats and ate them while watching The Princess and the Frog.

After that we gave each other manicures & pedicures. We even trimmed Delilah's nails as not to leave her out of the fun.

We all had such a great night. I love family moments like these.

5 comments:

Cami said...

What a fun thing to have boys' night out and girls' night in! Love the manicures. I can't believe how bit Delilah is getting.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Lindsay said...

Ah that's so fun! Sounds like you all had a great night =)

RC said...

Okay, first I have to admit that when I saw the picture of little Miss, I couldn't help but giggle, I haven't seen her in about three months, and she has changed SOOOO much, ADORABLE!

Love the boys night out and the girls night in how much fun is that. LOVE IT!!!

I can't blame Urban, churro's are yummy!

(((HUGS)))

Jennifer Richins said...

How fun. I love the picture of you and Addison. You look so much alike and it's just adorable.