Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I {HEART} Valentine's Day!

We've kind of had a Valentine's week around here. All week long Addison would bring us home cute little Valentine cards that she had made at school. Then she and Urban would make more for us on an almost daily basis. We made a lot of Valentine cookies throughout the week too. Oh, the kids also got cute little Valentine cards in the mail from bama, which they thought was pretty neat.



Jared and I decided not to get each other gifts, but of course he still got me something. He's such a butt-head, he always does that and then I feel bad. I guess I should probably know better by now.



(just a side note: we use butt-head as a term of endearment. I know that's weird but it's true. After I typed it I realized it looked kind of harsh, and admittedly very juvenile, but we say the word lovingly!)



Well not only can Jared not resist buying me gifts, he also can't ever wait to give them to me. It's a rarity that I get the gift on the actual occasion. He does not like surprises, even when they're not for him. So on Saturday he gave me a gift certificate to Tai Pan (one of my favorite stores), a box of delicious caramel/pecan chocolates and a pretty necklace. He also came home with flowers for all of us girls. Such a sweetie!



I was super excited about Valentine's day this year and wanted to make it really special for the kids. I had all these grand plans, but we all woke up sick on Sunday. I was determined to still follow through on whatever we could. We managed to get up and about at around 11 or so. Jared & I started cooking up a big breakfast complete with heart shaped pancakes. We all felt so awful that we hardly touched our food, but it sure looked pretty & festive!



Then we gave the kids the Valentine cards I made for them and a little gift that Jared picked out for each of them. We just kind of vegged the rest of the day. Jared took Delilah for a couple of hours, just bringing her to me for feedings, so that I could get some rest. That was probably the best present of all! =)



I wanted us all to make our own individual heart shaped pizzas for dinner, but Addison zonked out before dinner time and Urban wasn't hungry (that's how you really know when that kid is sick!). I told Jared that if I knew it was just going to be the two of us, I would have fixed a romantic candle light dinner. Anyway, we decided to save the pizzas for a night when we were all feeling better. We got to make them tonight and the kids were in heaven. They thought it was the greatest thing ever. They had so much fun making and eating their pizzas.


VOILA! The finished product. They turned out pretty cute and yummy. Addison was so excited about the heart shaped, limeade flavored ice we made.



Things may not have gone exactly as planned (when does that ever happen?) but we still had plenty of good times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AS USUAL YOU ARE MAKING MEMORIES...YOU GUYS DO SUCH A GREAT JOB...MISS AND LOVE YOU...DIANNA

RC said...

Ahhh, I {HEART} this! How fun for you guys.

Very Sweet.

Jennifer Richins said...

I love you Hollie. You're such a great mommy. I love how much effort you put in to doing the special things that really make the fun memories.

The Lingo Family said...

You get the BEST Mom Ever award for this week!!! So cute.

Heather said...

Very cute ideas!! Those pizza's look delicious, .............for pizza.

Julander Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love the butthead comment! You are so funny. Sorry you were sick on sunday. I wondered? I hope you are all better. I will have to do the heart shaped pizza thing next year and I'll show you the red syrup thing! Good job super mom!