Friday, March 12, 2010

Blessing

For some reason blogger is not showing my pictures while I'm composing my blog, it's only showing all of the codes. This is making it difficult to add commentary so this post may be all jumbled up. I'll have to figure out what the problem is later, I don't have the patience at the moment.

Anyhoo, my parents came up to visit last Tuesday and stayed for Lilah's blessing. We had so much fun while they were here. We went and did lots of fun things like playing at FatCats & Boondocks, watching Blaise's soccer games, and just hanging out while eating yummy food and playing the Wii. That's right, I said Wii. We are so excited, that's what my parents got us for Christmas. We have wanted one for a long time and it didn't disappoint. It is so much fun! I'll have to post some pictures of us playing later. It can be pretty entertaining watching other people play. These pictures crack me up. Notice the difference in Urban's countenance from the top to the bottom pic. In the top one he was being goofy, standing on grandpa and looking pretty pleased with himself. In the bottom one he was told to sit down so we could take a picture and he is not amused.


Jared blessed Delilah this past Sunday. I love baby blessings, they are such a special experience. It's so sweet to watch the fathers hold their baby up afterward with so much love & pride. Delilah is such a wonderful addition to our family. She is such a happy baby. We truly feel so blessed to have her as our daughter.

Isn't she just the cutest?! I know, I know, of course I think that. What kind of mother would I be if I didn't? I love her to pieces. I could just eat her up...don't worry, I won't.
I'm pretty sure this face means "ENOUGH PICTURES ALREADY...NOW FEED ME!".





I had known for a long time that I wanted to make Lilah's blessing dress out of my wedding dress. I wanted all of my kids to have their own blessing outfit to have when they're older to either pass down or do whatever they want with. Addison wore my blessing dress & Urban wore Jared's blessing outfit. Well, of course when I got my wedding dress out I just had to try it on. It didn't want to fit, but by golly I made it. I sucked in & held my breath and Jared had to use both hands to zip it up but I was determined to get it on. Once I got it on I couldn't breathe, but it was oh so pretty.

Never mind the fact that I look like godzilla, it's a weird camera angle. At least I hope that's why I look like that! =)
Addison walked into the room and saw me wearing my dress and thought we were playing princess. So she went and got one of her princess dresses on.
I was really surprised how difficult it was for me to cut up my wedding dress. I really didn't think it would bother me. After all, it's been hanging in a garment bag in a closet for over 7 years now. When Jared saw me wearing it he told me it was too beautiful and I needed to save it for one of our girls to wear some day. I explained to him that no matter how pretty their mother's dress is, every girl wants her own wedding dress. Well, it sat in my living room for about 3 days before I got up enough nerve to cut out the pattern. When Addison saw me cutting it she told me that I needed to make sure not to cut too much, that way she could still wear it to get married in. There goes that theory! I'm pretty sure she'll change her mind over the next 20 or so years.

Cutting out some of the pattern is about all I got done. I saved the rest for my mom to do. She was really excited to make the dress and, let's just be honest, she did a MUCH better job than I could have. It turned out absolutely beautiful. Delilah looked so precious in her dress. I want her to wear it everyday. Would that be weird?
By the way, this girl just LOVES her grandmas. She smiled for the first time back in December when her Grandma Estes was here, and she giggled for the first time this last week while her Grandma van Rij was here. They sure make her happy. I must admit, I LOVE her grandmas too, she got some good ones!


Here she is right after we took the dress off of her, she was so happy. I don't think she really cared how gorgeous the dress was on her, she prefers comfort. Not to mention the fact that Aunt Heather is pretty funny.

This is Lilah with cousin Avery. Avery was so excited to hold her in her pretty dress. Avery likes having her picture taken, I think she's an aspiring super model. She posed perfectly in every shot while my kids were running around like maniacs. You can tell her mother is a photographer.

We had a marvelous week topped off by a very special day. Thanks to everyone who shared it with us.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

You cut your wedding dress up!? Wow, the blessing dress is beautiful, what a special day. I still can't get over how much Urban is Jared! Good looking bunch...not bad squeezing into your wedding dress, way to go! You look great.

The Lingo Family said...

So cute. I LOVE all of the pictures! That dress is so beautiful and she will treasure it always.

RC said...

She is precious! I'm so glad that we were able to come up and be there for her blessing, and I feel so honored to have been able to make her special dress for her, thank you for that opportunity.

We had such a good time as always when we were up there. All my bugs hold the key to my heart, each one so special and unique.

Hey, I don't care if you had to be poured into your wedding dress. It's been over 7 yrs. and 3 kids later, the last one being only 4 months ago, and you can still fit in to it, that is all that matters, good for you. And you are just as beautiful in it now as you were then.

Hugs and love to all,
XXX 000

April said...

Wow Hollie you are brave...but I do remember thinking how beautiful Lilah's dress was- it was gorgeous.

How fun for you...I still don't think I could cut up my dress...not that I will ever fit in it again...LIKE YOU CAN.

Lindsay said...

You are a brave gal for cutting up your wedding dress. But it's true, mine has been sitting in the closet untouched since we've been married. So you might as well use it for something! Delilah's dress turned out darling... and the blessing was beautiful

Holly said...

Hollie, she's beautiful. I love baby blessings too, they're so special. Anyway, your kids are adorable, and I love her blessing dress! I couldn't fit into my wedding dress now, so good job!!!

Heather said...

I could have sworn I left a comment on this already.

She looked adorable. The food was yummy. She likes me, A LOT!!