Monday, February 8, 2010

Sledding

We took the kids sledding a couple of weekends ago and had a blast. When we first started it wasn't really snowing, but it started snowing pretty good after a couple of runs in. Jared & I had to take turns sitting in the van with Delilah because it was way too cold to have her outside.


Doesn't Urban kind of look like the little kid from A Christmas Story after his mom gets him all bundled up to walk to school? We were trying to save money this year so we didn't buy the kids new snow clothes. We figured that since everything still fit it would be okay, but their suits do look a bit short & snug. Oh well, they served their purpose.

I wasn't sure what to expect because my kids aren't really very adventurous. They're kind of scaredy cats. Apparently I've sheltered them from too much. But Jared loaded them both up on the sled and took them down the hill and they were hooked. Addison loved it, she couldn't wait to go down on her own. She did really well. Even when she fell off she would just laugh and walk back up the hill to get ready to go again. Urban liked the sledding part, but was not a fan of the cold or the snow flying in his face. After a couple of runs he was ready to sit in the nice warm van with Lilah.

7 comments:

Heather said...

they look so cute and it makes me want to tackle them and give them giant hugs!

RC said...

Ha, ha, Heather, great minds think a like, I was thinking they look so bundled I wanted to roll down the hill with them, and Urban totally looks like the little boy from Christmas story, too funny. I love the expression on his face in that first picture, he cracks me up. Looks like fun, they look so cute.

Anonymous said...

BOY THIS ALMOST MAKES ME MISS THE SNOW...NOTE I SAID ALMOST...BUT I AM SO GLAD TO SEE EVERYONE HAVING SO MUCH FUN...DIANNA

Lindsay said...

We took Mylee a few weeks ago for the first time.. I forgot how much I loved sledding! Glad you guys had fun =)

Jennifer Richins said...

Wish we had snow to do the same...looks so fun.

Julander Family said...

We haven't been this year. Maybe we should go today with all this new snow! Where did you guys go? I love sledding.

Hollie said...

Emily,
We went to Rohmer park. The hills were the perfect size for the kids. Steep enough to get some speed & have fun but not too scary.