Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

Yesterday was my 29th birthday and I was S-P-O-I-L-E-D!

As soon as Addison woke up in the morning she said "it's your birthday, now it's time for a party!". I thought it was so cute that she remembered. All day long she tried to make a party for me. She would sing me the birthday song and make her musical toys play music and tell us we had to dance because it was a birthday party. She also informed me that we needed to get some balloons because a birthday party just wasn't a party without balloons. Then she insisted on helping me make a birthday cake. She is so funny, I love that girl. Maybe she'll go into party planning...who knows?

My amazing hubster left me a very sweet card so that I'd get it first thing in the morning. Then he took a lunch break and brought me some Panda Express, one of my favorites. YUMMY! For my present he got me a super cute Victorian jewelry holder. You know, the kind that's shaped like a mannequin. I love it!

My wonderful mom & dad gave me an adorable (& much needed) coat and gloves when they were here visiting. I was so excited. Then they sent me a cute home made birthday card and gift card to target (thanks to my dad's bad memory) in the mail. =)

My sweet in-laws got me a very generous gift card to JC Penney. I was instructed that I was not allowed to spend it on anyone but myself (they know me so well). =) Luckily they were having a huge sale so I got a lot of winter clothes that I was in desperate need of.

My fabulous sister Heather and her family gave me a gift card to Olive Garden (another favorite) and then watched the kiddos so Jared could take me out to a nice birthday dinner. When we got back all of the kids jumped out and yelled "surprise, Happy Birthday" and gave me some adorable birthday cards that they made for me. They even made me a cake.

I got lots of sweet phone calls, e-mails and blog messages from other family members and friends too.

See, I told ya I got spoiled!

Thank you so much to everyone for all that you did to make my birthday so special. It really was a great day. It felt so nice to be so well taken care of, I really needed that. Thanks again, I love you all!

2 comments:

jori-o said...

duh! I just realized I wished you a happy birthday on your MOM's blog. Now I'll do it right--

HAPYY BIRTHDAY HOLLIE!! from jeff & jori and fam =)

Jennifer Richins said...

I did the same thing Jori! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLIE! I'm glad you had such a fab-u-lous day.