Monday, January 5, 2009

Catch up!

I am so behind on my blogging. I haven't really been on the computer for about a week or so. I haven't even posted about Christmas yet and I just realized that I also haven't posted about our "new" puppy or Urban's first steps. I know it doesn't really matter if I miss some things but this is how I keep track of what goes on in our lives so I like to have it documented. I also do it for the grandma's, I know they like it. So I've done a bunch of little posts real quick just to get caught up. They're not necessarily in chronological order.

Before I get into that though I just have to say that I hope everyone had a wonderful new year! Ours was a lot of fun. We had our first adult slumber party! Some friends of ours that we've known for years came to spend the night with us. Since they live about 30-45 minutes away and have a 4 month old and a 2 year old they decided to just put the kiddos to sleep and stay over night rather than drag their kids back home after midnight. Our kids all had a blast playing together while they were awake and the adults enjoyed a game of monopoly until about 2:30 in the morning. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures (I'm so bad about taking pictures). We all had so much fun we think we may make it a yearly tradition.

On a different note, I have my first Sunbeam! That's right, Addison is no longer in nursery. Can you believe it? I can't. I'm so excited for her but it also makes me kind of sad. I can't believe my baby girl is in primary. She loves it! And I'm so proud of her because when we went to get her after class her teacher kept telling us how good she was. She's so funny though because the thing she is most excited about is singing in Sacrament. For our Christmas program the primary kids all got up on the stand to sing a song and she was so sad because at that point she was still in nursery so she didn't get to go. Well, now that she's in primary she remembers that they get to go up and sing so on Sunday while we were sitting in Sacrament she kept asking me when she got to go up with the other kids and sing. I had to explain to her that that doesn't happen every week, just on special Sundays. She can't wait!

That's it for now. I'll try to do a post later on some of my personal resolutions and our goals as a family as well. Mostly just because it helps me to keep repeating them and to see them in as many places as possible. If other people know about them besides myself I may be more likely to follow through.

1 comments:

RC said...

ADDISON HAS ALWAYS BEEN SUCH A SWEET RAY OF LIGHT, SO IT IS ONLY FITTING THAT NOW SHE TRULY IS A "SUNBEAM". I LOVE HOW THAT GIRL LOVES TO SING, IT IS SO PRECIOUS.