Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Red Rock















It seems like I'm always a week late getting to my blog, but we went to Red Rock last Saturday and I wanted to post some cute pictures I got. Addison LOVES going to "the mountains" to climb around. Every time we see mountains, hills, big rocks or pretty much anything that looks climbable (is that a word?) she always says "hey, let's go climb those mountains". It has been quite a while since we've been climbing, so she was ecstatic to go to Red Rock. We were there for a couple of hours and just followed along some of the easier paths. The weather was beautiful, except for the wind. The winds kept getting stronger, so eventually we decided to leave. We got a year pass though, so we plan on going back quite a bit since we all enjoyed it so much. Urban was SO GOOD. On the way into the rock I had him facing out in his front pack, and he just enjoyed looking around at everything. On the way back we were heading straight into the wind so I faced him in towards me and he just fell asleep, it was so sweet. Addison kept pretending like she was baby Jaguar (from Diego). She would start climbing on something then turn around to show us her claws and explain to us that her claws help her to climb like baby Jaguar. We really had a lot of fun. People kept passing us (real rock climber type people) and telling us we were brave for doing this with such young kids. Until people said something to us I never thought twice about it. We always bring our kids everywhere with us. I'm glad we did, they had a blast!

(Top) Addison taking a rest after some hard climbing. (Right) Addison showing us her baby Jaguar claws.

Urban was tuckered out after a long day of being lugged around by his mom.

Okay, in case you were wondering, I didn't really climb in my heels. I thought it would be funny to take a picture of me climbing up a rock in them as a joke because everyone always teases Heather about wearing heels all the time. Jared thought I was a big dork for going to all the trouble to bring heels in my back pack just to get a silly picture. I suppose he's right! It was funny though because people who were walking by as I was up on the rock with my heels on were giving me the strangest looks. =)

9 comments:

RC said...

THE HEELS ARE HYSTERICAL! YOU'RE TOO FUNNY.
ADDISON IS THE CUTEST LITTLE JAGUAR I'VE SEEN, SHE'S SO ADORABLE.
LOOKS LIKE A TON OF FUN. WE'LL HAVE TO GO WITH YOU GUYS SOMETIMES.
(DO YOU THINK THEY MAKE FRONT PACKS BIG ENOUGH FOR DAD TO CARRY ME IN?)

Hollie said...

Hee hee, that made me laugh so hard I couldn't type for a couple of minutes!
On a serious note though, we'd love to have you guys come along.

Jennifer Richins said...

How fun! I haven't been to Redrock in so long. Maybe we'll do a family picnic there one Sunday or something.

RC said...

HOLLIE, YOU GOT A VISUAL OF THAT IMAGE DIDN'T YOU? HA,HA,HA,!!!

P.S. I LOVE THIS SONG, SHE IS SO CUTE! FUN.

Heather said...

HA HA HA!! This whole thing is making me laugh. I muchly appreciate that you brought your heels. MUCHLY! and I like your co-ordinating song. AND I would need to see a picture of Dad carrying Mom in a back pack!! we should go to red-rock for family pics!

Cowgirl at Heart said...

What an adventurous family you are! The kids are so cute. Addison is a great Jaquar and little Urban is so sweet. Looks like you had great fun! Love the heels. I wish I was there to hug and kiss you all.

Jamie Lynn said...

That is too funny! Honestly I would have laughed but though nothing of it seeing as your sister went to LAGOON in heels! Crazy women! I love the red rocks, they really are beautiful!

get an eyefull of this... said...

The rocks look awesome. I need to get out and explore AZ a little bit I think. You never know what treasures you might find. The red rocks look like one of those treasures (yes, I know they aren't in AZ)...I'm just sayin'!

Trecia Estes said...

The high heels are soooo funny....expecially with the background music. Is this what you do at 3 am when Urban is awake. I miss seeing Addison!!!!

Lots of love!
Trecia