Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to Maricopa

I'm a little late posting this. Not this last Thursday, but the Thursday before, we left to go back to Maricopa for Jenna's baptism and we came back the following Monday. It was fun to go back to our old home for a couple of days and see everyone. I'm not really sad that I don't live there any more, I really like Las Vegas, but there are certain things that I do really miss. First of all it's where both of my amazing kids were born, so there's a lot of memories and sentimental attachment. Also, some of Jared's family lives there so of course we miss not being able to see them more often. I miss my house! I didn't really realize it until we went back and I saw it again, but it really is just a nice house. It was decorated and painted exactly how I wanted it and it had some nice upgrades that you just kind of take for granted. I loved it and it was perfect for our family, but I'm glad to know that someone is there who will take good care of it. I especially miss our neighborhood. We were so blessed to be surrounded by 5 amazing neighbors. We were all friends and looked out for one another. It was just a very safe feeling to know that all around you were people who cared about you and your family.

On Friday Jared and his nephew Michael went golfing while the rest of us hung out at grandma & grandpa's house and let the kids play. That night we went out to a Greek restaurant. That was a lot of fun, I had never been to one before. The food was good and the atmosphere was very lively. There was music and belly dancers who danced around the tables. I keep joking that Urban got his first lap dance because one of the dancer's (who was scantily clad) was right up in his face for a couple of minutes clanking her finger cymbals (I don't know what they're really called) at him. At first he looked terrified, but then he was fascinated by the noise and shiny jewelry. And I got to break a plate! They do this certain dance and at the end of it somebody gets to break a plate. Well one of the hosts asked me if I wanted to get up and break the plate. I was kind of shocked, I didn't really know what to say. It sounded like fun, but it's so against everything you're ever taught. You're not supposed to just throw plates down on the floor! So anyway, I got up and he gave me a plate and at the end of the song I sent it crashing to the floor and it shattered everywhere. It was quite entertaining, I felt a little naughty.


Jenna's baptism was absolutely beautiful. It was such a sweet, emotional experience. She is such a sweet girl and we are so proud of her. A friend of the family altered Dianna's wedding dress for Jenna to wear as her baptism dress. It was really something special for her to be able to wear her grandma's wedding dress and she looked so pretty. Jenna, her mom Trecia, grandma, aunt Julie and I all sang a song at her baptism. Jenna did a solo piece in the middle that was just so precious. I don't think there was a dry eye in the room, it was very hard to get through the rest of the song. Jenna had also asked Jared if he would give a talk on the Holy Ghost. He HATES speaking in public, and had somehow never given a talk in church before. But for his little Jenna he agreed, and he did a great job. I think Jenna started something though, because we've been asked to give talks in sacrament this next Sunday and he is not too happy about this! =) Trecia did a wonderful job putting the program together for Jenna's baptism. The spirit was felt so strong, it was really a fantastic day.

That same day was Jenna's actual birthday, so after her baptism we had a girls day out. She had gotten a lot of money for her birthday so we took her to Target to spend it. She got A LOT of stuff! Afterwards we went to the mall, then grabbed a bite to eat and headed home. We all had a lot of fun talking, shopping and trying on clothes.


The weather was so nice we decided to take the kids swimming one day. Addison loves the pool and it was Urban's first time. Julie and her three boys Brady, Garett and Evan came with us. We had a lot of fun. Addison has no fear of the water, which is good but also a little scary. Urban wasn't all that amused. He enjoys being outside, but the water was cold so we didn't really go in, I just got his toes wet. He slept in Aunt Julie's arms most of the time. Jared played football with the older boys when Addison would let him out of her sight (she was really attached to him that day) and I chased Evan around. That little guy has so much energy, he cracks me up.


The pool was the only place I brought my camera to, so these are the only pictures I have to post. I am so upset that I didn't get one of Jenna in her dress. I'm trying to get one e-mailed to me, so if that happens I'll post one later. I don't know why I'm so bad about taking pictures. Oh well! Sorry about the long post, just wanted to jot down our eventful weekend.

3 comments:

RC said...

SOUNDS LIKE SUCH A SPECIAL, AND FUN-FILLED EXTENDED WEEKEND. GLAD YOU GUYS WERE ABLE TO GO. EVAN IS SO ADORABLE. I CAN'T BELIEVE ONE OF MY GRANDCHILDREN MAY NOT BE A FISH! I WILL HAVE TO WORK ON THAT BOY. THE GREEK RESTAURANT SOUNDS TOTALLY FUN. SOUNDS LIKE A SPECIAL AND MEMORIABLE DAY FOR JENA, SHE IS SUCH A SWEETIE. HELLO TO ALL THE MARICOPA CROWD!

Heather said...

That greek place sounds fun. I love greek food. And I am glad you guys got to get away and have some nice quality time with family and have some fun.

Melanie said...

I'm so jealous of all that sunshine and warm weather...I'm so sick of cold! Looks like you guys had a great weekend! : )