Friday, January 29, 2010

Perfection

Addison came up to me and asked if she's been baptized. I told her no, that she would be baptized when she's eight. Then she said that after she was baptized she would be perfect, but she's already perfect because she's beautiful. I explained to her that just because she's beautiful doesn't mean that she's perfect. So then she says "wait a minute, let me look in the mirror". She looked in the mirror then came back to me and said "yep, I'm perfect!". What are they teaching her in primary? Just kidding, she has wonderful primary teachers.

What else is a girl to think when everyone always tells her how pretty she is? Perhaps I should lay off on the compliments, she's starting to get a big head. What it must be like to have such great self esteem. Oh how I love that girl!

8 comments:

Julander Family said...

SO funny! It sounds just like Ragan, I think they are meant to be friends! Thanks for hangin' with me the other day!

The Lingo Family said...

Too cute.

RC said...

She's right, she is perfect!

So cute, I love the things kids say.

Heather said...

There is nothing wrong with being 4 and thinking you are perfect.

Melanie said...

How cute! She's such a sweetie

Jennifer Richins said...

:) Hopefully that self esteem carries her through her pre-teens when all girls seem to think less of themselves.

Elissa said...

that's hysterical!

Anonymous said...

wait til she is my age and still thinks she is perfect...love that girl...Dianna