Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This Christmas

December is almost over and I haven't posted a thing about this Christmas season. This month seemed to just fly by. I feel like I barely got all of the decorations put up and now it's time to take them down.

I love Christmas time. Faith strengthening experiences always seem to present themselves and this year was no exception.

We had a wonderful first Christmas with Delilah. It's always fun to celebrate the "firsts". We didn't take her to see Santa which I'm kind of sad about but she's still so young & little to be around a lot of people with so much sickness going around. Jared took Addison & Urban to our ward Christmas party though and they were able to sit on Santa's lap there. I knew Addi would be fine, but I wasn't sure about the Urbster. He's very temperamental these days. But Jared said that he did really well with Santa. I'm sure the fact that he had candy to give out had something to do with it.


Here are the kiddos on Christmas eve after we got home from our annual appetizer dinner at Aunt Heather's house.

We always let the kids open one present on Christmas eve and it's always cute pajamas to wear that night (I think everyone has this same tradition!).
This year their Aunt Julie & Uncle Jason sent pajamas up for them and they were adorable. They did such a good job picking out exactly what each of the kids are into. Addison & Urban were super excited. THANK YOU SO MUCH! We love you guys.


Opening presents Christmas morning.

Well what do you know, he got some super hero dress up stuff. Doesn't he look cute as Spider man? Hopefully now he'll stay away from the Snow White dress. Probably not though. After all of the presents were opened we found Urban playing with the Barbie stuff Addison got and Addison was playing with the G.I. Joe stuff Urban got. They seem to be a bit confused.

I love these two pictures. They really do love each other...and sometimes they even act like it!


Daddy multi-tasking. =)
And of course I didn't get a single picture of the entire family but don't you worry your pretty little heads, I'll be putting my sister to work very soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pics are - as usual - adorable...wish we could have stayed but my check was so small as it was...the little ones look like they really had a great Christmas...I was able to get a play nativity set for the kids...will get it to you before next year...love ya all...Mom/Di

Jennifer Richins said...

Looks like a fabulous Christmas. Love seeing all the pictures. I like the one of Addison sitting on Santa's lap. She has such a great look on her face...like she's still not too sure about him.

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! You have such a cute little family =) We didn't take Mylee to see Santa this year and I'm sad about that too... Looks like the ward santa was a pretty good one!

RC said...

They are so darn cute! I'm so glad you guys had a good Christmas. We had a super nice Christmas too. I only wish we could have all been together as a family to celebrate, I love to see the kiddos at this time of year. I feel bad I missed Delilah's first Christmas, so we will have to have a re-do when we can get up there. Hugs and Love to all.

The Lingo Family said...

Such great Christmas pics!!! Love all the pj's. The last picture is to die for! I love it!!!