Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I don't like it!

Nope, not one little bit. Delilah's hips are displaced so she has to wear leg braces that spread her knees out and pushes them up in order to force the ball into the socket. The contraption is more like a full body harness. It goes up over her shoulders and around her chest. It probably doesn't bother her nearly as much as it bothers me (babies are pretty limber) but it just looks so uncomfortable. It makes every little tiny task like changing her diaper, dressing her or nursing her much harder than it needs to be. It is also much more difficult to snuggle and cuddle her close because of the position of her legs, which is by far the worst part. Oh yeah, did I mention that she hasn't slept more than 30 minutes at a time since the braces were put on her Monday morning? We're all just a wee bit exhausted around here. I know that in the whole scheme of things this really is not a big deal at all. Considering all things that could be wrong this is truly a minor issue with a simple fix. I know I should not be complaining but I am tired and feeling whiny so you all get to listen to me! =)

She reminds me a little bit of a marionette doll. Her little brace looks like strings that I could just tug on and make her dance. Oh well, even in her new little get up she's still absolutely adorable (at least to her mother). At least it's not like Forrest Gump's metal leg braces! That's what I kept picturing when they first told me she needed leg braces. Oh my crazy imagination.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Poor little girl, she looks so sweet and vulnerable in her little brace. She is definitely a beautiful little lady, hope the brace comes off soon!

April said...

oh my gosh I have never seen that before- oh sweet little girl.

How did they figure that out about her hips?

she looks so cute and precious...

oh and check your front door- we left something for your family.

Heather said...

she is so adorable, evenwith her braces. i can't wait to hold her and love her all weekend!

The Lingo Family said...

Oh, sweet little adorable baby girl. Poor thing that really looks so uncomfortable.

Jennifer Richins said...

She makes leg braces look stylish! She's still absolutely adorable. I hope everyone can get some sleep, especially tonight. You don't want Santa skipping over your house!

RC said...

Oh, my poor little Miss. (both of you) That just breaks my heart, that looks so uncomfortable. I'm so sorry sweetie that you two are not able to get any sleep, not fun at all. Wish I was there and I would take a couple of shifts. Love & Hugs to you both.

Christy Wheeler said...

Sorry she has to wear the brace!! That is no fun at all. But if it helps her then that is good. Have you heard of the little leg cover things? Like leg warmers that cover the whole leg? I don't know what they are called, but maybe if you had those it would make diaper changing easier since you wouldn't have to take them off! I don't know, just thought I'd mention it. Hope you get some rest soon :)

Anonymous said...

she looks so cute and sad at the same time...I'm glad I'm not there cuz the doctor is right...Grandma's do not like these things...glad she will never remember this...you on the other hand may have to have therapy...love ya, DI