Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween

We had a fun filled week of Halloween festivities this year. We started the week by carving our pumpkins. I apparently have very odd children because they do not enjoy getting dirty. You can tell by the looks on their faces that they were less than thrilled to be cleaning out the pumpkin guts. I must say they come by it honestly, Jared hates having dirty hands, it totally grosses him out. Every time Urban would stick his hand in his pumpkin he would pull it out and say "sticky, need wipe". I tried to explain to him that we would clean him up once he was all done, but he wasn't having it, he wanted to be cleaned each time.


The pumpkins turned out pretty cute. Jared helped Urban carve a face into his and Addison wanted a kitty cat so I helped her carve a silhouette.


On Thursday Addison had a Halloween party at her preschool. She was so excited to wear her costume for her class to see. She originally wanted to be a witch (which I was very excited about, I had cute costume ideas) but then she saw her cousin Ava's costume and just had to have the same one. I could not talk her out of it. Oh well, she made a super cute tiger kitty and she was happy.
Then Thursday night we went trunk-or-treating at the church. It was so much fun to see all the kiddos in the ward dressed up all cute. Urban was a monster which was perfect because I call him my little monster man anyway. I remembered that my nephew Blaise had worn this costume when he was like 3 (he's now 10) and my sister still had it so it worked out perfectly. He looked so cute, I want to have him wear it everyday.


On Friday night we went over to my sister's house to have a spooktacular Halloween party. Of course I didn't get any pictures, but believe you me it was lots of fun. We all dressed up & had yummy Halloween themed finger foods.
Halloween night we met up with some friends of ours to have dinner then took the kids trick-or-treating around their neighborhood. We all had a lot of fun and got lots of yummy candy. Once we got back home we put the kids to bed then Jared & I had our annual Halloween date. We rummage through the kids candy and make some other snacks then watch a scary movie together. Not too scary mind you, we're both kind of scaredy cats! =)





2 comments:

RC said...

Sounds like it was a spooktacular Halloween week!

Urban's face in the picture of him with his hand in his pumpkin is priceless. I love it! He is just too funny.

Also every picture I see of Urban lately, he has totally lost that "little boy" look in his face, and is now a "little man". While I think he is still adorable, it makes me so sad, when did this happen?

Addison looks adorable as a tiger, her and Avery are too cute, those two girls, oh the fun they have.

Shannon said...

Urban is his daddy's boy! They look so much alike. I loved your sneak preview prenant pictures! Yowza!!