Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Patch!

We went to the pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago before the weather got too cold. We tried a different one this year just because it was cheaper than the one we went to last year. Honestly, last year's was quite a bit better but the kids didn't remember and they had a blast. All they cared about was the slide, which they must have spent an hour playing on.


We went through the corn maze and took turns letting Addison & Urban lead. They weren't very interested. Jared & I knew where we were the whole time but he was trying to get the kids lost and hide behind corn stalks to jump out and scare them. All they cared about was getting out of there as soon as possible so they could go back to their precious slide.


The funny thing is that both of them look absolutely terrified while sliding down, but once they got to the bottom they would get a huge smile and start laughing and run back up the stairs to go again. Urban threw quite the fit when it was time to leave!


This top picture of Addison cracks me up only because of the memory associated with it. She decided to go down on her tummy because she saw other kids doing it but she didn't realize she needed to lift her hands up. They were screeching down the slide the entire time making an awful sound and totally slowing her down. I think a snail may have passed her up! You can't really see the people at the top of the slide, but everyone was laughing at her. We kept yelling for her to lift her hands but she didn't quite get the concept. Oh well, she still had fun. =)





8 comments:

Melanie said...

how fun! looks like you guys had lots of fun...love the kids shades!

RC said...

I love it, how fun. I think that is going to be my New Year's Resolution, that next year I make a trip to spend some holiday fun with all the grandkids for all of the Holidays.

Cami said...

What corn maze did you go to? We went to Black Island Farms this year, but it looks like this is a different one.

Heather said...

I love your kiddo's! They crack me up!

Heather said...

I love your kiddo's! They crack me up!

Nick said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun. I wish we had a pumpkin patch around here we could have taken Mason to!

Jennifer Richins said...

I wanna go to a pumpkin patch! I've never been. But I totally need to borrow some kids so I can go down the slide and not look ridiculous!

Hollie said...

Cami, I think it was called Pumpkinaze. It's off of 1900 W. It's a pretty small place that I guess I can't even technically call a pumpkin patch because there weren't any pumpkins. =) We went to Black Island Farms last year, it's a lot of fun. I loved the hayride out to the patch to pick your own pumpkin.