Monday, October 27, 2008

What is this stuff?

Okay, so I grew up in southern California and have spent my entire adult life in either Las Vegas or Phoenix. So I guess you could say I'm not exactly sure what a "real" winter consists of. Well, a couple of weeks ago (I think it was Sunday the 12th) I found out. We had a freak snow storm in October and probably got about 8 to 10 inches of snow. What the heck is that all about? I'm not a big fan of cold weather (to put it mildly) but seeing my first snow was kind of fun. I've been to the snow before to play and stuff but have only seen the actual act of snowing once before when Jared & I took a trip to Alaska. This was beautiful. We got some really big snow flakes falling. The funny thing is, the weather the next week was in the high 70's to low 80's...perfect!
The kids had so much fun playing in it. Addison was so excited. When she woke up in the morning I took her to the window to look outside. She got a huge smile on her face and started giggling and said "Wow, it's so beautiful. Where does snow come from?" I thought that was such a cute reaction. After all, she had only seen snow once before when we came to Utah for Christmas one year. All day long she was staring out the window until we went outside to play.

Urban was ADORABLE! He was cracking me up. This was his first encounter with snow and he LOVED it! I was holding him outside (because he's STILL not walking) and he was squirming like crazy trying to get out of my arms. Finally I stood him up in the snow just hoping that he wouldn't get too cold. He could care less about the cold. He was rolling around in it like he was a super model on a bear skin rug or something.

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture until later in the afternoon when a lot of the snow had already melted. Earlier in the day though it was covering all the trees and bushes and piled up on the roof and grass. It was quite a sight.
We threw snow balls at eachother and ran around for a little while then went inside for a nice cup of hot chocolate. It was a cozy day.

4 comments:

RC said...

WOW, THAT WAS A PRETTY GOOD "LITTLE" SNOW STORM.

OK, I COULDN'T STOP GIGGLING WITH THE THOUGHT OF URBAN ROLLING AROUND ON A FUR RUG LIKE A SUPER MODEL. AWESOME IMAGE, IT MAKES ME GIGGLE!

ADDISON IS SUCH A LITTLE LADY, SHE JUST CRACKS ME UP, WITH SOME OF THE THINGS SHE COMES UP WITH, SO GROWN UP!

THEY ARE BOTH SO DARN CUTE. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK UP THERE AND GIVE AND GET SOME LOVES.

jori-o said...

How fun! I wish we could play in the snow. Maybe we'll take a road trip to see y'all this winter!

...I love that Urban is already preparing for his future modeling career! ;)

Jennifer Richins said...

I have to agree with Claudia...the though of Urban rolling around in the snow like a super model on a bear skin rug makes me giggle...a lot. What a cute analogy.

I love seeing snow and even playing in snow for a day or two. But I too am not a fan of the cold stuff for long. I hope you all survive the winter in Utah!

Heather said...

Urban was cracking me up.

Super Model WORK!!!