Friday, October 10, 2008

Finally!

I've been trying to post this forever but have been having problems. First I couldn't figure out how to download pictures onto my computer because some how the photo program re-formatted itself. Then I couldn't find my camera for a couple of days so I didn't have the memory card to download.

Anyway, about 3 weeks ago Jared's parents came to stay with us for a week. We kept busy and had a lot of fun but unfortunately I didn't end up with any pictures of all of us together. I don't know how that happened, I feel really bad.


I'm not sure how much of a vacation it was for them seeing as how they helped us do a lot of stuff around the house while they were here. Jared and his dad replaced the carpet in two rooms downstairs in the basement (and did a great job might I add) while Dianna helped me re-upholster some furniture. I use the words "helped me" very loosely seeing as how I didn't do a single thing other than pick out the fabric and watch her go to work. She did a fantastic job too, it totally looks professional. I wouldn't have even known where to start. She re-upholstered the cushions on our chair, made some throw pillows for the couch to match and made me a pattern so I can re-upholster my chaise once I find material I like.











Dianna also showed me how to cut Jared's hair. She cut his right side and I cut his left and I must say that the left side of his head looked FABULOUS! He got compliments on it for days. ;) I put my skills to the test for the first time today. I cut Urban's hair all by myself. I was very nervous (especially after what I did to my own hair) because he is such a wiggle worm. I just sat him in his high chair with a sucker and got to it. It actually turned out pretty good. I messed up in a few spots but you can't really tell unless you're looking for it. It's kind of short but his hair grows so fast I figured the shorter the better. I couldn't believe the pile of hair that stacked up, it's only been a little over two months since his last cut. So what do you think Dianna? How did I do?










It makes him look like such a big boy, it kind of makes me sad.


We also did plenty of shopping. Anyone who knows Jared's family knows that those Estes' LOVE TO SHOP!!! It doesn't matter what store you go to or whether or not you even need a certain item...if it's on sale for a good enough price you buy it! After all, you may not need it but somebody else could use it! =) I like to tease them about their shopping habits, but it really is pretty fun to go shopping with them. They search the aisles for clearance racks and if you just barely mention that you like this or could use that then it's put in the cart faster than you know what happened. We went to the base, thrift stores, antique stores, furniture stores, craft stores, fabric stores, decorative stores like Tai Pan (which is Ron's new favorite store EVER by the way! hee hee) home improvement stores, department stores, malls, Wal-Mart (a couple of times), Target, and I'm sure I'm probably missing some and this was all within a week.

The week went by so fast, I don't know where the time went. Addison is so sad now that all of her grandparents are gone. For the last almost 3 weeks she's had one set of grandparents or the other here visiting. She and Urban have been SPOILED and doted on non stop. And I miss having my dishes done by the magical "dish fairy". I probably only had to do the dishes about 4 times or so while the moms were here visiting. Thanks a lot for everything grandma & grandpa. We love you and miss you already!

6 comments:

RC said...

YOU DID A GREAT JOB ON URBAN'S HAIR, HE LOOKS ADORABLE.

DIANNA DID A FANTASTIC JOB ON THE SEWING PROJECT, IT LOOKS SO GREAT AND HOLLIE I LOVE YOUR FABRIC CHOICE.

I GOT A FEW CUTE PICTURES OF RON & DIANNA I'LL HAVE TO EMAIL THEM TO HER OR SOMETHING.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LAUGH TONIGHT WITH THE PHONE CALL.

LOVE YA,

jori-o said...

Urban is such a cutie! And aren't grandparents the best?? =)

Heather said...

Urban is pretty cute! And your chair looks great!

Jennifer Richins said...

Too fun. And your chair looks fabulous! You found a perfect model to showcase the gorgeous fabric you picked out for it.

Melanie said...

love Urban's hair...it looks so cute!

Trecia Estes said...

Looks good to me. I am pretty impressed!