Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our other family

We had the pleasure of going back to Maricopa for about two and a half weeks to watch our nephews Michael, Hayden, Nathan and niece Jenna while their parents went on vacation. It was a great experience to be a part of Joe & Trecia's family for a little while. We already knew their kids pretty well, but we got to become even closer to them. Let me tell you, they have got three amazing kids. All right, all right, I guess Michael's okay too! Just kidding, he's one awesome teenager, I just like teasing him. =)








We had a lot of fun while we were there. We went swimming, had an American Idol finale party, went to the park, went to the movies, built a fort, played basketball, played video games, did some indoor camping, played in the sand at Grandma's house, trip to McDonald's fun land, did some slippin' & slidin', danced & sang and did a whole lot of goofing around. Jared took the boys on a father/son camp out with the ward and Jenna & I got to spend some quality girl time together. It was really nice because we also got to see a lot of Julie and her boys and visit with Grandma & Grandpa.





Addison had a blast playing around with Jenna & Nathan. They were like her brother and sister, she misses them A LOT! I think she really thinks she is one of Joe & Trecia's kids because she now calls her dad Uncle Jared. =)

Jenna lost two teeth while we were there and Urban completely broke one in and started working on another. So it was a pretty even trade off. We really did enjoy our time with the kids. They are very helpful and loving. I'm not sure the kids want us back any time soon, but we'd definitely be willing to do it again. Just to clarify, you're not asking any time soon right? I kid, I kid! =)

4 comments:

RC said...

HOW MUCH FUN! THEY ARE A AWESOME GROUP OF KIDS. WITH ALL THE FUN STUFF YOU GUYS PACKED INTO THE TWO WEEKS, IT ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A NICE LITTLE VACATION, OF SORTS YOUR SELF. NOW I KNOW IT IS NEVER EASY TO GO FROM BEING THE PARENTS OF JUST TWO LITTLE ONES TO ALL AT ONCE BEING IN CHARGE OF SIX TOTAL; ONE BABY, TWO TODDLERS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AGE, TWO IN-BETWEENS, AND ONE TEENAGER. OKAY, SO MAYBE IT WASN'T TOO MUCH OF A VACATION, BUT LIKE A VACATION YOU GOT TO DO FUN THINGS, ENJOY YOURSELFS, GET AWAY, AND BE TOTALY EXCITED AND EXHAUSTED WHEN YOU FINALLY GET HOME, WITH LOTS OF HAPPY MEMORIES. YEP, I STICK WITH MY ORIGINAL, IT WAS LIKE A VACATION!

Heather said...

So fun!! So fun!

Do you want to come up and watch my kids now!?!?

Trecia Estes said...

Wow! I am amazed they even wanted us to come home. You make it look so easy. I heard from so many people at church that they were so amazed to see you there with all of them. I got so many compliments from my friends....I think they were all just jealous that they don't have a brother and sister like you, too!

You guys are so awesome!!! You have no idea how much I love you both (and your 2 little cuties).

get an eyefull of this... said...

I am sad we didn't get to see you while you were here. But, it looks like you had a great time and how wonderful that you could do this for your family.