Thursday, June 26, 2008

For those of you wondering

my job interview lived up to the expectations of my nightmares. It started out great then quickly went down hill from there. The first part of my interview was with the guy who would have been my direct supervisor. He was extremely nice. We talked for quite awhile just discussing my qualifications and the tasks associated with the job. He was pleased with me so he wanted me to meet with his boss. That was a disaster. I was holding back tears almost the entire time. He started out by making me feel like the worst mother in the world for leaving my children when they were so young to go to work. Trust me, I already felt horrible enough about this, but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. Things just got worse, if you can imagine that. Nothing I said was right. He just kept saying "anyone can tell me that, I want you to think of something different". So I would basically say the same exact thing just using different words and all of the sudden that was the perfect answer! WHATEVER! I can't really do the story justice without writing an entire book. Let's just say that after explaining what happened to a friend of mine, she said that it sounds like something that would come straight out of an episode from The Office. After thinking about it, I could totally see Michael Scott (the boss on The Office) putting someone through the same crazy nonsense. By saying this, anyone who knows this show can kind of imagine how outrageous my interview must have been. As soon as I got outside I just started bawling. I was so upset, I was sure the guy absolutely hated me. After talking to my friend who works at that place I realized that apparently this guy gets his jollies by making the women in the office cry. She told me that he's made her cry several times and after the first time he said "oh I made you cry, welcome to the family". Can you believe that? Oh well, luckily about 2 hours after I got home Jared FINALLY got the call we've been waiting for telling him he got the job he's been hoping for in Utah. (that's a different story I'll get to later) Thank goodness, I don't have to worry about going on any more job interviews...at least for the time being. By the way, I did get a call back from that employer today. They wanted me to come back in for a second interview. I was shocked. I guess he didn't hate me after all. Sure had a funny way of showing it. Well he can take his job and pollute his pond with it! That probably doesn't make any sense to most of you, but he kept using this analogy that his office was a harmonious pond and he didn't want someone like me to come in and disrupt the pond. Can we say C-R-A-Z-Y?!?!

11 comments:

Trecia Estes said...

PSYCHO!!!

Well, I am glad that all has worked out and you get to stay home with your babies. The Lord does work in mysterious ways and we don't always know why we feel so good about some decisions that don't work out the way think they should. You know I could sit here and write a whole book with you on this topic :o)

Good luck. Now I have somewhere to go visit in the summer to get away from the Phoenix heat....woohoo!!

RC said...

FIRST, YOUR DAD & I WOULD STILL LIKE TO GO PUNCH THAT GUY IN THE NOSE FOR MAKING OUR LITTLE GIRL CRY. THE BIG MEAN JERK

SECOND, MAN-O-MAN IT IS HIS LOSS.

THIRD, I'M THRILLED YOU GET TO STAY AT HOME WITH OUR LITTLE BUGS, AT LEAST FOR NOW ANYWAYS.

FOURTH, SOMETIMES IT IS DIFFICULT TO KEEP OUR FAITH DURING HARD TIMES, WHEN WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND OUR HEAVENLY FATHERS PLANS FOR US. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS FOR NOT GIVING UP.

LOVE YOU,

Nick said...

Wow sorry to hear that the guy was such a donkey! Well I am glad that Jared got that job you guys were hoping for. You guys will fit right in with all the other Utards lol. Now you won't have to work for a guy who likes to make sister cry.

Anonymous said...

Any so called "MAN" who gets his kicks from making women cry; is compinsating for some "SHORT" comings....lol
What a TARD...

Julie said...

I am so sorry for all of your frustration. I recently had those anxietal feelings (referring to previous post) about the job interviewing. I was in the same boat not that long ago. Luckily though, I didn't have the same kind of experience you did. Honestly, count it as a blessing that you saw right away how your boss would be had you taken the job. I seriously cannot stand any form of man who disprepcets women in any way! I am so glad you will not have to work in such an environment!
**Does that mean you may be moving to Utah? Please I am dying to know!

Jennifer Richins said...

Unbelievable! It's funny how some interviewers think that the only person who needs to make a good impression is the one being interviewed. Like you'd want to work for someone like that anyways. So does this mean you're moving to Utah? :(

get an eyefull of this... said...

You don't want to work there Holli. Especially if he thinks its funny to humiliate and make the women cry in his office. You should tell your friend to run for the hills! What's this about Utah???

Julie said...

Hey chica...will you e-mail me your digits...i have a desire to communicate once again over that handy invntion called the telephone...stuartj80@gmail.com

Cowgirl at Heart said...

It wasn't the job that was meant for you. I hate men who think that they can rule the world by making women feel inferior. Wish I was closer and I would unleash my cowgirl feminist on him! Does this mean you are moving to Utah?

jori-o said...

Hi Hollie!

We're new to blogging, but come visit us...
www.martinfam1999.blogspot.com
And please let us all know! Are you moving to Utah!??! =)
Take care,
Jeff & Jori

get an eyefull of this... said...

Duh! I just read the title of this last blog...which is titled, "Where is the world is that crazy Estes family?" Maybe I should read a little closer next time- LOL.