Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm so NERVOUS!

I've been sending my resume out to several different places and I actually have an interview tomorrow. I am terrified! I have not been on an interview in like 10 years. Shoot, I haven't worked (other than being a mom, that is) in close to 4 years. I've gotten almost every job I've ever had because I've known the manager or the doctor of the office. I have no idea what to expect, I'm freakin' out about what to wear (that is the most important part, right?) and my stomach has been in knots ever since I found out about this interview yesterday morning. I guess the worst that can happen is they don't hire me. Then I guess I'm no worse off than I already am. Unless of course I throw up all over the interviewer's desk, then I'll have a nice dose of humiliation as well. Now I'm just working myself up even more. I suppose I should go calm down and pick out my outfit and figure out the types of things I'm NOT supposed to say. Such as: "Oh I'm sorry sir, they must have called the wrong person to come meet with me. I'm scheduled to interview with a woman named Dana." Luckily I do know someone who works at this place and when I told her I was meeting with a lady named Dana she informed me that Dana is a man. Oops! Good thing we got this cleared up otherwise this little scenario probably would have happened because I'm a big dork. Oh well, we'll see what happens...

4 comments:

Heather said...

OOOOH!!! I feel for ya! I wouldn't know what to do with myself at a job interview. I am scared to death to go back to work someday. Why do you think I want another baby so bad???

I'll be praying for ya and keeping good thoughts in my head for you! Let me know how it goes! Good luck! You'll do GRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!

Nick said...

Good luck to my sista!

Cowgirl at Heart said...

You'll do fine...just smile that sweet smile and sell, sell, sell yourself...you have great skills! They'd be lucky to have you! Good luck!

Jennifer Richins said...

So how did it go?