Monday, June 23, 2008

Like Daddy, Like Daughter!

Addison shares a great many qualities with her father. Unfortunately she also shares some attributes that aren't quite so becoming of a young lady. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

See what I mean? I spared you all a picture of Jared's crack. I figured Addison's is cute enough that no one would be offended, but I'm not sure the same goes for Jared. I just love the contrast of her prim & proper feminine side wearing her pink princess heels, yet she's showing her rough & gruff plumber's side as well.

At least she has the good sense to pull her pants up when she feels a breeze. =)


We never used to have this problem you see, but since she's been wearing underwear instead of diapers she has trouble keeping some of her pants up. I guess the diaper gave her the badunkadunk she needed to hold up her pants. Now they just slip right off.



Yep, you read correctly, she wears big girl panties now. She's finally potty trained! Can I get a WOO-HOO? It's been a bumpy road, but we finally got there. It started out nice & easy, she was actually the one who initiated it. But then for some reason she wanted nothing to do with it any more. Then we went through a stage when she would always go poo-poo in the toilet but would still pee in her pull-ups. Not any more, we have been diaper free for 5 whole days now. I'm so excited. I am a little nervous though because I've always heard that it's easier to potty train girls than boys, and if this was easy then I don't even want to think about the troubles we'll have with Urban. =)



p.s. She thinks farts are funny too! (Thanks again to her father. Good thing we have a son he can start imparting all of his wisdom on and leave our daughter alone)

4 comments:

Heather said...

She is sooooooooo cute!!!

And I am so very jealous that she is potty trained. Avery won't do it. I even bought her a potty party and cute underwear, but she just pee's in them!!!!

My kids boys were FAIRLY easy to potty train . . . . but only because they were both 3 so they understood my bribes! I do not recommend waiting that long!!!!

Trecia Estes said...

Hey, If I had a tushy that cute I would show a little more of it myself. Thanks for not sharing Jared's pix, although I am a little disturbed that you may have some :o) Just kidding, I know you don't REALLY have pix of Jared...right? :o)

Congrats on the potty training! It's quite the milestone!!!

I can't wait to get back from Texas and going that route....but I am too lazy to do it before the trip. Diapers are so easy when traveling. (Is that bad...or is it just baby #4). All my other kids were potty trained by his age...se la vi' That's cool, though. Only buying diapers for one has got to be nice!

Trecia Estes said...

Hey, If I had a tushy that cute I would show a little more of it myself. Thanks for not sharing Jared's pix, although I am a little disturbed that you may have some :o) Just kidding, I know you don't REALLY have pix of Jared...right? :o)

Congrats on the potty training! It's quite the milestone!!!

I can't wait to get back from Texas and going that route....but I am too lazy to do it before the trip. Diapers are so easy when traveling. (Is that bad...or is it just baby #4). All my other kids were potty trained by his age...se la vi' That's cool, though. Only buying diapers for one has got to be nice!

get an eyefull of this... said...

Very funny and thanks for keeping the elder Estes' picture to yourself- LOL! That's probably something only a wife could love.