Monday, March 31, 2008

Our new ward

IS WONDERFUL!!!
We went to our new ward for the first time yesterday and it was so nice...WE LOVE IT! One of the many great things about our church is that it's the same everywhere, and no matter where we go we have a place to worship and learn about the gospel. Well it's even better when you feel like you totally fit into your ward. I know it really shouldn't matter, but having a good ward really does make a difference. We've been in wards before that we don't really feel like we belong to and it makes it really hard to go and feel the spirit. That's why we are SO EXCITED about this ward. First of all it's a lot smaller than our last ward (I think any ward is a lot smaller than our last one since it had around 800 members) and I think we talked to every single person. Everyone kept coming up to us and introducing themselves and telling us how excited they were to have us there. Everybody was so nice, I just couldn't believe it. We even made friends already, we exchanged numbers with another couple so we can get together to play guitar hero and rock band. Addison did great in nursery, there's even another Addi. It was so funny because they kept telling us that they had two nurseries because there were so many kids, and there were probably only about 6 or 7 other kids in there. This is funny to us because when Jared & I were in nursery in our previous ward we had 3 nurseries that regularly had between 18-25 kids each. Anyway, I was just so impressed with our ward I had to write about it to let everyone know.
***On a side note, Urban was being a little fussy during Sunday School so I took him out into the hallway. Well all of the sudden something caught his attention and he stopped crying. He actually started smiling and giggling, so I turned to see what it was. Well, it was a picture of Jesus hanging on the wall and Urban could not get enough of it. It was like he was having a conversation with Him. It was absolutely adorable. It reminded me of a time when Addison was about 4 months old. We had gone to the church book store and she was not happy. I picked her up out of her stroller and she just kept crying. Then the same thing happened, she stopped fussing and started smiling and laughing. Only it really caught me off guard because she had not started laughing yet. So I looked to see what was making her so happy, and you guessed it, it was a picture of Jesus. (man, just writing about this is bringing tears to my eyes) I love when stuff like this happens, it really fills me with the spirit and reminds me of how truly blessed I am to have my two amazing children and the wonderful gospel in my life.

3 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

That is so true! Of course, the gospel is the same everywhere you go, but it is always SO nice when you can feel like you really "fit in" with your ward. If you are the youngest or only ones in your age group, it's no fun! I'm glad you had such a great experience and I LOVE the story of Urban. Nikki did the same thing when she was about 6 months old. I had a picture of Jesus in her room and she just smiled and cooed to it every time I picked her up to look at it. They really are so close to the veil when they are little!

Heather said...

I must say I am a little jealous that you love your new ward so much, only because I do not enjoy ours, BUT I am so happy that you found one that rocks. Our last ward was like that, an I always felt the spirit and felt uplifted and happy. The gospel is such a beautiful thing, and it's even better when you have people to enjoy it with.

RC said...

GLAD YOU LOVE YOUR NEW WARD, IT REALLY DOES MAKE SUCH A DIFFERENCE.

HOWEVER, I THINK I RESENT THE IT'S NO FUN IF YOU ARE THE YOUNGEST COMMENT, US OLD FOLKS KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN TOO, YOU YOUNGSTERS JUST NEED TO GIVE US A CHANCE. (J.K.) OUR WARD IS IN ANOTHER STATE, WE GO TO CALIFORNIA TO CHURCH AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WE ARE PRETTY MUCH SOME OF THE YOUNGEST ONES IN OUR WARD. I THINK THERE IS ABOUT 10 OR SO KIDS TOTAL IN PRIMARY AND ABOUT 4 OR 5 IN THE YM/YW PROGRAM. IT IS A REALLY SMALL, SMALL, WARD.

I LOVE HOW AS SMALL CHILDREN WE CAN STILL REMEMBER OUR SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH OUR SAVIOR. I WAS WITH YOU WHEN ADDISON DID THAT AND I REMEMBER US BOTH STANDING IN THE CHURCH BOOK STORE CRYING. THE LAST TIME I WAS AT YOUR HOUSE AND I WAS SITTING ON YOUR LOVE SIT HOLDING URBAN OVER MY SHOULDER, HE STARTED COOING AND TRYING TO TALK AND SMILING AT THE PICTURE OF JESUS HANGING ON THE WALL BEHIND ME, I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST SO PRECIOUS.