Thursday, March 6, 2008

Just give me a kiss okay

I was giving Addison a bath this morning and for some reason the cat loves to sit on the edge of the tub and watch. She is very curious about water, although like most cats doesn't want to be in it. Anyway, Addison did something that spooked her and she fell in. Well in the process of clawing all about trying to get out she got Addison. Poor Addi has two long scratches that go from her chest down past her belly button. It was so sad because she just looked at me like she didn't quite know what to do or how to react. I was trying to keep her calm and was explaining to her that I was going to clean it up and put some medicine on it to help it feel better. In the middle of my explanation she looked up at me so sweetly and barely started pouting and said "just give me a kiss okay". It was so precious and innocent, like she truly believed that all I had to do was kiss it and it would make it all better. So of course I gave her lots of kisses and when I was done she said it didn't hurt any more. I love how pure children's thoughts are, it would be so interesting to know what's going on in their little heads all of the time. It's moments like these that make me stop and really appreciate my little ones and forget, if only for a moment, how ornery they can sometimes be. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go find that cat and "cut it's tail off right behind it's ears" for hurting my little girl. (Anyone who knew my grandpa knows what I'm talking about!)

4 comments:

RC said...

AHHHHHH, THAT IS THE SWEETEST MOST PURE THING I HAVE HEARD. REALLY, SOMETIMES WE COULD ALL JUST USE A KISS, A SHOW OF LOVE, SYMPATHY, COMMPASSION, THAT HUMAN CONNECTION. HOW AWESOME THAT AT TWO SHE HAS ALREADY FIGURED THAT OUT. WHAT A SWEETIE. SERIOUSLY, THAT IS GOING TO BE MY NEW GO TO "SAYING". ON BAD DAYS, TIMES WHEN I'M FEELING BLUE, SAD, SCARED, MISSING A LOVED ONE.
"JUST GIVE ME A KISS OKAY"

KISSES FROM BAMA TO ADDISON.

Nick said...

Crazy cat! That gingie and her water, sorry Addison had to see the worst of it. Glad she felt all better after your kisses though, your magic!

Heather said...

She is so sweet. I love that. Our cat did the same thing to Blaise, only he wasn't so calm about it. He FREAKED out!!! Which made the cat freak out more. It wasn't pretty.

Love the song too!!!

Anonymous said...

Good post.