Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Let's Have a Ball!

Today was Urban's 2nd birthday. I can't believe he's two. He looks and acts like such a big boy. He's not my baby any more and it makes me so sad. I love my little man.

You'll have to excuse the pictures on this post. First of all we are in desperate need of a new camera so all of the pictures are a bit cloudy. Second, my blog has been extremely
difficult lately and won't let me re-arrange the pictures once they're loaded so they are completely random.

We just had a small family party tonight, but it was lots of fun. Some of
Urban's favorite things right now are balls, rocks &
balloons. Pretty much anything round that he can pick up and throw. So I wanted to make this the theme of his party. I filled his room with all of the balls we possess in this household and about 150 balloons. HE LOVED IT! His expression was so cute when he walked into his room and saw everything. He had a blast running through the balloons, throwing them into the air and of course popping them.





For dinner I made Macaroni & Cheese with hot dogs, broccoli and chocolate milk. These are a few of his favorite foods at the moment.
I let him pick out what kind of cake he wanted and he picked chocolate. He's a boy after his mama's own heart. I was so excited that he picked chocolate because that's my fave, but then I thought about the mess he would make. And boy did he make a mess! Oh well, he loved every bite of it. That's all that matters right?
Some of his other favorite things right now are cars/trucks, books, animals, blocks and Spiderman (thanks to Caiden) so that pretty much sums up the presents he got. He is also obsessed with vacuums and bicycles. Whenever he sees them either in the house or at a store he points and
repeats the word (baku for vacuum) over and over again until we take him to look at it.
His dislikes at the moment change daily depending on the mood he's in. Oh yes, he has definitely already hit those terrible two's. He's been terrible (but oh so cute) for a while now, but I guess now it's official. I don't even want to think about it getting worse! He loves to point his finger and yell "no" or "stop it" and he gives the best dirty looks I've ever seen. I've got to try to get them on camera. Today at the grocery store there were two nice old ladies behind us in line trying to flirt with him and he just furrowed his eyebrows, pointed his little finger and yelled at them to be quiet. I was so embarrassed.
WHAT A STINKER!!! He's lucky he's so adorable. Although I think that's part of the problem, he knows it!



I LOVE YOU URBAN CLAUDE!
You hold such a special place in my heart.
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY!!!








































4 comments:

Melanie said...

happy birthday urban! what a cute idea with the balloons and balls! it looks like he had a lot of fun. I love the story about the ladies at the store...although I know that embarrassing feeling you mentioned. he is such a stinkin cutie though!

Nick said...

Happy birthday Urbster! Wish I was there to be able to play with all those balloons and balls with you, I bet you had a blast. May year number two be as great if not better than the first for you. I love you a ton and hope to see you soon :)

RC said...

Happy Birthday Sir!

I love you so much, you are my special little man. Wish I could have celebrated your birthday with you. I did recite pinky the pig that night before going to bed, in your honor. Hee,hee

You may be a little stinker but I think that is just because you know how darn cute you are.

Well I know one of his likes right now is reading books with his papas (Me) and one of his major dis-likes right now is Monty!!!!!!!

Jennifer Richins said...

Aahhhhhh...he looks so much older. It wasn't that long ago that I saw him, but he still looks so grown up. Happy Birthday!