Friday, September 25, 2009

The beginning...

of the end!
I've always heard that once your child leaves for school, time just flies by. I'm not sure I'm ready for everything that lies ahead but I hope that Addison knows she can always look behind her to find her mom who will be there every step of the way.

I can't believe my first baby has started preschool. Addison started a couple of weeks late because we were out of town. I felt so bad because at first it didn't look like we were going to be able to get her in anywhere, every school was full. Luckily, daddy came to the rescue. One morning after I had called the one hundredth preschool in the phone book (not really, but it seemed it to me) and was told they were either full or WAY out of our price range, I just started crying. Yes, I had an embarrassing little meltdown. I felt like the worst mother in the world, she was SO looking forward to going to school and I had messed it up. Addison asked why I was crying so I told her I was sad because it didn't look like she was going to be able to go to preschool. She looked at me so sweetly and said "don't worry mom, daddy will find a preschool for me. He always does what I want". I know it sounds kind of snotty like 'I get everything I want' but it was truly just so genuine and loving like she really believes her daddy can do anything and would never let her down. She was right! He made some calls and found the perfect place that still had a couple of openings and wasn't too far from our house.
1st day of preschool...YAY!!!

Never too busy to stop and smell the flowers.

5 comments:

RC said...

I love the way little girls look up to their daddy's and know they can fix anything. Too sweet!
I'm so glad you were able to find a great place. She is so adorable and looks oh so grown up and ready for her first day of school.

Nick said...

I am so happy to hear you got her in pre school. She is going to have so much fun, how exciting!

April said...

...by the way- hi Hollie!!! How in the heck are you??? Are you home now???


ok...I have pre-school issues. I am SO HAPPY Kenzie is NOT in pre-school.

I just found out Kenzie is the only girl in her primary class NOT in pre-school. Am I normal??? Am I a bad mommy????

anyway so I had to giggle a little that you were crying Addison didn't get into a pre-school- because I would be crying if Kenzie did get into a pre-school...

How are you feeling? Maybe I will see you tomorrow at church.

Jennifer Richins said...

She looks so adorable. I love the long sweater. She looks so confident

Melanie said...

yay for daddies! and for preschool!