Tuesday, July 14, 2009

GIRL'S CAMP

June 29th thru July 2nd was our ward's girls camp. We had such a blast. Our girls and leaders are so much fun. We had some drama and a lot of mishaps along the way, but I think all in all lessons were learned and testimonies were strengthened.


We had a couple of situations when Priesthood blessings were given. Although I wish no one had to get hurt or sick, since none of it was too serious I'm grateful for the opportunities it lead to. We had several girls who come from inactive homes and didn't know what the Priesthood or a blessing was. It was really something special to see and hear their reactions after feeling the Spirit and experiencing the calm & comfort that came along with the blessings.


I'm so thankful for the opportunity I had to serve as camp director. There is so much that goes into it, but it is so worth it. We made some great memories that I think will last a lifetime for me and hopefully these sweet girls.


I'm also very thankful for my parents who came to stay with Addison & Urban while I was gone. It was so comforting to know they were in good hands. Of course Jared was around at night to take care of them but they watched them during the day while he was at work. I'm so glad they were able to come because I didn't have any cell phone service at camp so I was not able to call the entire time I was gone. This was VERY hard for me to not be able to check up on my family, but knowing my mom & dad were there made it much easier to relax.






All of these pictures were taken during our skit night. We were all laughing so hard it was tough to get through our skits.

We went to camp Aspen Ridge just outside of Preston, Idaho. It's actually a boy scout camp so there were lots of fun activities to do. There was swimming, boating, hiking, archery, shooting, horse back riding, crafts and of course certification courses. It really was a very nice camp.

2 comments:

RC said...

Girls camp always is such a fun, memorable and spiritual event. I know how much work it was for you and how hard it was to leave the family, but I know your blessings were many.

We had a fun, and great time with the kiddo's, I felt so lucky to be able to come up and stay with them. They were just so much fun and so darn cute, not to mention so, so good.

Thanks for letting us spend that quality alone time with them.

I miss those morning loves and talks.

Jennifer Richins said...

Sounds like a great experience for the leaders as well as the girls. It looks so green and pretty. And with the girls in tank tops and shorts, I'm sure it was great weather. Glad you were able to go.