Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Apparently

I have no mother's intuition because I am always wrong. I thought Urban was a girl and well, we all know that's not right and I thought this one was a boy but IT'S A GIRL! Some how though, Addison always knows. She told us that Urban was going to be a boy and she told us that this baby was a girl. How does she do it? I think we may need to take that girl to Vegas.



I had my ultrasound today and everything looks great. I'm 21 weeks and the baby is healthy and developing right on track.

We got a really neat video of the ultrasound and lots of cute pics but I still have to scan them onto the computer.

So now that we know for sure I've got to start getting the nursery and everything else all ready. Luckily we still have all of Addison's baby clothes, but of course we'll still have to buy a few new things. I got her the cutest little outfit today (we've done that with every kid on the day we find out what they are) with the most adorable pair of pink, shimmery baby cowgirl boots. SO MUCH FUN!!!

We're all super excited for our sweet baby girl (especially Addison) but I can't help but feeling a wee bit sad. This is probably it for us, for various reasons. It's hard to say for sure, but those are our feelings as of now. Of course we'll put a lot of thought and prayer into it, but unless I get an overwhelming feeling that Heavenly Father has more sweet spirits ready to send my way then I think we're done. So it makes me a little sad to know that I won't have any more precious little boys. Urban is a HANDFUL, but he is the sweetest, most lovey little guy ever! Let me tell you, with him being the only boy, momma is going to SPOIL him. My goodness, I already see it happening. It is nearly impossible for me to tell that boy "no". He's too darn cute for my own good. Don't you worry though, Addison gets her fair share of being spoiled too (being the first born and all) and I have no doubts it will be the same for our newest addition (seeing as how she'll be the baby). We're doomed! Why can't our kids be ugly? It would be so much easier not to spoil them that way. =)

We also had a boy's name that we loved picked out already and we're having a hard time thinking of one for a girl. Of course you know that if it was a boy I'd be all sad about not having any more girls. Either way we're ecstatic and feel so blessed to be able to have happy, healthy, beautiful babies.

Plus, it's just an added bonus that I was able to prove my mother-in-law wrong. Sorry, you know I had to bring it up. =) She insisted that Estes' were only allowed one girl per family. Until now that's held up pretty well, this will be their 17th grandchild and only the 4th girl (two of which will be from our family). I'm usually not this big of a butthead, I just like to tease my MIL because she definitely let me hear it when we found out Urban was a boy. I love ya Dianna!!!

Now I just hope she has brown eyes. Both of the other kiddos ended up with blue, which I love, they have gorgeous eyes. I just think it would be fun for one of my kids to have my eyes. We'll see though. That's another thing Estes' apparently don't have is brown eyed babies. I think only 1 or 2 of the grandkids has brown eyes! Of course I think only 2 of the daughters-in-law have brown eyes so genetically odds are against us.

4 comments:

RC said...

We are so excited. Glad to hear she is healthy and perfect of course that part we already knew.

She will make things all even steven on our side of the family.
She will make eight Grandchildren for us,and she will round it out to 4 girls, and we have 4 boys already.

Can't wait to see her, she will be spoiled right along with the other seven. :-)

P.S. you look adorable, no fair though, why is it that Dad and I both look more pregnant than you do?

Heather said...

YAY!!! a baby!

Heather said...

YAY!!! a baby!

The Lingo Family said...

How sweet- another precious little girl for you. CONGRATS!!!