Thursday, February 12, 2009

Skate-A-Rama

Last week I took Addison skating for the first time with our good friend Lauren and her two daughters Zoey & Sidney. Addison was so excited to go but once she got on the floor and started wobbling around on her skates she was a little unsure of things. She was having a lot of fun at first and we got almost completely around the rink before she fell for the first time. It was pretty much over after that. She fell HARD on her poor little bum (she still has bruises). She got really upset and started crying and said that she didn't want to skate any more. So we took a little break and sat down for awhile until she was ready to try again. For the rest of the night she was kind of hot and cold. She would have fun skating until she fell and then she would say she was done for a little while. Unfortunately she's too much like her mother for her own good. She's usually a little leery of trying new things and if she's not perfect at it right off the bat then she doesn't want anything to do with it.

It was a really neat skating rink though. Pretty much anything with wheels was allowed on the floor. There were skaters, roller bladers, razor scooters, wheel chairs & strollers. Addison pushed Sidney around in her stroller for a little while and actually really enjoyed that because she had something to hold onto to help her balance.

I didn't get any pictures of Addison while she was skating because I was too busy trying to keep her upright so she wouldn't freak out. I made sure though that the pictures I got of her on the carousel (which was probably her favorite part anyway) had the skating rink in the background to prove that we really were at a skating rink! =)


Addison & Zoey



Lauren & Sidney (Aren't her girls adorable? They are such a fun family!)

5 comments:

jori-o said...

Cute! I've been wanting to take my kids skating. I like that strollers could go on the rink too!

Jennifer Richins said...

I haven't been skating in centuries (I know, don't I look good for my age?). Sounds like fun.

RC said...

OUCH!!! POOR LITTLE PUMPKIN. THAT DOES SOUND LIKE A LOT OF FUN THOUGH. AT LEAST SHE DID GET UP AND TRY IT AGAIN.

Heather said...

Okay, how is the FIRST I am hearing this?

And where was Urbie? DO NOT tell me you got someone else to watch him.

Shame shame, I know your name.
And where you live!

Looks like fun. I want to take my kids, but I think one of us may break something, you know our family track record!

THE JACKSONS said...

I didn't know roller rinks still existed! LOL! I'm glad no one was seriously injured. :-)