Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Santa Mormon

Last night we were reading out of the Book of Mormon Reader with the kids before bed. For those of you who don't know, this is a children's version of the Book of Mormon with pictures and stuff. We read a couple of chapters then told the kids it was time for bed. Addison said that she wasn't ready for bed yet and wanted to read another chapter. So I told her that we would read one more chapter and then she had to go to bed. She pointed at the picture on the next page and said "yeah, I want to read about Santa Mormon". It was actually a picture of Lehi, but he has a long white beard so what else is a 3 year old to think? I guess whatever works for now is good. I'm just glad she's interested in reading the scriptures. We'll keep working on the real reason.

4 comments:

Jennifer Richins said...

Santa Mormon is awesome! Instead of presents he brings...gold plates!? How cute.

Melanie said...

how cute! :)

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RC said...

So cute, I love the way her mind works, I've always said that Santa is the idealism of love, kindness, charity and hope. I also love that you are reading nightly to them from the book of Mormon reader.