Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

We had a pretty great weekend.

On Saturday I had a girl's night out with Heather and I haven't had one of those in I don't know how long. We started out by going to a craft store and getting some way cute gift ideas.

Then we went to Costa Vida for dinner. I had a sweet pork salad that was SO GOOD! I've been craving another one ever since.

After that we went to see Twilight. Can I get a WOO-HOO?! I loved this book series. They were so fun to read and I really got attached to the characters. I was actually kind of disappointed in the movie though. Of course movies that are based on books are never as good as the books themselves, but this kind of seemed like a low budget, independent film or something. Parts of it were really good (like Edward) but some were kind of silly. I'm still totally glad I went to see it though. How could I not after spending the last 2 years reading the books? The experience was a blast. I felt kind of bad for the husbands/boyfriends that were dragged to the movie by their wives/girlfriends because if you hadn't read the books (which I'm assuming most of them hadn't) I think parts of the movie wouldn't make a lot of sense and you just wouldn't be as into it as the hard core followers. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to make Jared watch it when it comes out on video. =) I'm already super excited for the next one!

Last but not least we went to Chili's to get some dessert to bring home to the hubbies. We figured that by making such a nice gesture they'd be more likely to let us have another girl's night soon. Oh, and the lady who took our order thought Heather and I were twins which made my day since everyone thinks she's a super model. =) It was kind of weird though because the entire time we were there we kept saying the same exact thing at the same exact time. It was like we were sharing a brain or something. The lady kept laughing at us and giving us strange looks.

We also took the kids to see Madagascar 2 this weekend. They had a lot of fun. Addison was so cute watching it. She was laughing and cheering and clapping the entire time. She loved it! Urban was really good in the beginning. He would laugh and dance every time he heard music. That boy loves to dance! It's like he just can't help himself, if he hears music he HAS to dance. We went during his nap time though so once he got sick of eating popcorn & dancing he was not to pleased to be sitting still on my lap. We ended up spending half of the movie out in the van playing around. Oh well, it was still a really fun family time.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the fun night. We have to do it more often.

Of course you look like a SUPER MODEL!!!

And next time you go see a movie, leave Urbster with us. That way you can see the movie!

RC said...

Sounds like a very fun filled weekend. Yes, my darling Daughter, believe it or not, you too, look like a super model. How blessed am I to have two beautiful Daughters, (inside & out).

I can tell you, that you two have been of one mind since you were very little.

Love you,

Jennifer Richins said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. It's always nice to get out with the girls. I too saw Twilight and I'm still not sure how I felt about it. Parts of it were totally cheesy, but I wasn't really expecting a whole lot. It was fun. One of Jori's friends got 50+ movie tickets and a huge group of us went. I think the theatre experience was the best part of the night...listening to all the 13 year old girls screaming every time something happened. It was quite entertaining.

Trecia Estes said...

I went out with some friends to Cafe Rio (like Costa Vida) and had the sweet pork salad, too. Soooo yummy!!!!!