Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today's Tidbits

A conversation between Addison & me

Addi: (looking down at her hands in disgust) "Mom, I need to wash my hands because they're all dirty."

Me: "Okay. Did they get dirty when you were playing outside?"

Addi: (looking at me like I'm crazy) "No, because I was picking my nose."

At least she's honest!


Later in the evening, Jared & I were looking through a Victoria's Secret catalog that came in the mail (what? we were looking at the clothing section ;-) ). Well Addison came up and started looking at it too, telling us about all of the things she wanted. She liked the pretty mommy panties, make-up, lotion, pajamas, etc. (she has very girly, sophisticated taste). Jared didn't realize that they sold "real" clothing (what man does?) so when we got to that section he said "hey, this stuff is really cute."

me: "yeah, I know. I wish they carried it in their stores because I'd rather try stuff on than buy it from a catalog."

Jared: "That's stupid that they don't."

Addi: "Hey, don't call Heather stupid."

Jared & me: "First of all, that's not a nice word, daddy shouldn't have said that. But what are you talking about? Where do you see Heather?"

Addi: (pointing to one of the V.S. models) "Right there, that's Heather."

Jared & me: (laughing) "That's not Heather."

Jared: "Actually, that looks like Cindy Crawford."

me: "That's not Cindy Crawford, but Heather's going to love this story."

So apparently my daughter thinks her Aunt Heather looks like a Victoria's Secret model. Don't worry, I'm not bitter about this at all. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go cry myself to sleep! ;)

5 comments:

Jennifer Richins said...

I agree with Addison...she totally looks like a super model.

Cute conversations.

Heather said...

HA HA HA. I LOVE it! Addison has ALWAYS held a very special place in my heart, and now we all know why!!!

P.S. remember the day when we came over and Ava got FILTHY dirty playing in the leaves?..........well I came home and put her straight in the tub and it turned brown,and I am STILL finding little bits of leaves in her hair, and she saw her ruined pants yesterday and started crying saying "the leaves broke my pants!" No Ava, YOU broke your pants rolling around in the dirty leaves!!!!

RC said...

I love it! she is so darn adorable. Reminds me of a similar conversation with her when I watched them when you went out for your anniversary. Hey what is said to Grandma, stays with Grandma.

I agree, Heather can give any v.s. model competition, matter of fact, I think she is soooo much prettier than most models out there.

And NO, I don't have to say that because I'm the Mom, seriously, have you seen the girl. Ok, then, you see what I'm saying.

Trecia Estes said...

Don't be too upset...I do believe you were "Aunt Hottie" in Arizona :o) Addison is getting so big. I just love this age...now you know where the show "kids say the darndest things" came from!

Trecia Estes said...

PS...I have always thought you had a "slight" (ok, more than slight) resemblence of a super model! If only we could all be "aunt Hottie" (or even just related to you girls and get a few of those long legged, pretty faced genes)