Monday, August 18, 2008

I am

SO DUMB!


Okay, this is kind of embarrassing but I had to vent. So the other day I did something REALLY stupid. I was having a really ugly day. You know one of those days when you look in the mirror & just feel hideous and have the urge to do something, anything to change your looks? Anybody? Well maybe it's just me, but anyway I was having one of those days. So what did I do you ask? About the dumbest thing ever, I tried to cut my own hair. The keyword here being tried. As you've probably figured out it didn't turn out so well. One side was actually kind of cute, but as I tried to make the other side match, it just kept getting shorter & shorter & shorter. Eventually I decided to stop before I ended up with no hair at all. The end product was the left side being about an inch longer than the right side. I couldn't straighten it out. It was awful! I had my sister Heather even it out a bit so I could at least leave the house without completely humiliating myself. I finally decided to swallow my pride and go have it professionally cut. After explaining to the stylist how my hair ended up looking like someone took a chainsaw to it (man was that embarrassing) she went about trying to fix it without having to cut off too much more. If you can believe it I think it looks even worse. There's such a thing called "Utah hair". I know this sounds silly, but ask anyone who's lived here. It's this strange short, poofy haircut that everyone seems to have. Well that's what she did to me. I should have known not to let a stylist who has "Utah hair" herself cut my hair. It is NOT cute. I look like George Lopez with a shag haircut. Okay, so my face may be a little cuter than his (and I do mean a little) but my head looks gigantic. I'm not quite sure what to do now because I don't have much hair left to cut off and extensions are just WAY out of my price range. I'm so upset because I've got a lot of things coming up that have photo opportunities (both of my kids birthdays, our anniversary, the holiday season is just around the corner) and I do not want pictures taken of this monstrosity. Needless to say, my attempts at making myself feel better and more beautiful completely backfired. I feel worse than ever, but at least I have an amusing story to tell. It's all right, you can laugh. I would too. You've probably noticed there's not a picture of me, just my new best friend George. I'm not brave enough to take one yet, I don't want evidence of this mess up. Well I better get going. I've got to try to find ways to camouflage my giant head.

10 comments:

Jennifer Richins said...

I SO know what you mean about Utah hair. It's not that it's not cute...it's just that half the women in Utah have the same type of hair style. I'm sure it's not that bad. In fact, I think you should let us (your viewing audience) decide how it looks.

Melanie said...

Sorry you had a bad hair re-design. I completely know what you mean...fortunately the last time I cut my own hair there was enough so that when I cut more than I meant to it was still past my shoulders...my mom always tells me to wash my hair a lot when I don't like the length because she says clean hair grows faster. Might be an old wives tale, but at least I feel like I'm doing something lol

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RC said...

OK, I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING. NOT AT YOUR HORRIBLE MISHAP, NOT AT THE FACT THAT YOUR HEAD NOW PROBABLY LOOKS LIKE A DUCK'S BUTT "UTAH HAIR", NOT EVEN AT THE PART THAT YOU "HONESTLY" BELIEVE YOU ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE (BY THE WAY, COULD NOT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH, SERIOUSLY) BUT AT YOUR DESCRIPTION OF HOW YOU THINK YOU LOOK LIKE GEORGE LOPEZ, THAT JUST CRACKS ME UP, BECAUSE HE IS LIKE A BIG GIGANTIC WALKING HEAD, WHICH APPARENTLY YOU NOW FEEL LIKE. SORRY YOU'RE FEELING THIS WAY SWEETIE, I'M SURE IT'S NOT AS BAD AS IT SEEMS, BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU FEEL ANY BETTER. LOVE YA,

Anonymous said...

Oh Hollie,
Even the best of the best hair cuts turn out horribly wrong in someones eyes. You are a beautiful woman and I bet you look just as beautiful now as you have every other time I have seen you.
You are your own worst cridict.
I had a couple of similar experiances. Evidently being my mothers child prevents me from learning from past mistakes so "try, try, try again" is my way of doing things. LOL
What does Jared think? You know you can trust his opinion.
I am very sorry that you had such a horrid experience, but put a few highlights and low lights in it.(ask someone to help you...lol) and have fun with it. In a couple of months it will be something you dont have to worry about again.
EMBRASE the NEW YOU... We love you no matter how short or long your hair is. hugs and kisses from us who wish we had the courage to go short short..
Love ya Julie

Heather said...

Okay, I have witnessed this hair,and it's not THAT bad. hee hee!!!! YOU are still beautiful! Your hair ........



ha ha ha just kidding. You DO NOT look like George Lopez though. He is MUCH better looking!

Trecia Estes said...

Oh, honey! I am so sorry. I hate that feeling....but I want pictures!

Ok, so we are not the most sympathetic group. Maybe because your description is so funny and obviously the extreme (Lopez) and because we all know how beautiful you are.

Anyone who can have a baby and be skinny 2 days later deserves a bad haircut everyonce in a while:o)

There are always baseball caps....I just don't know how well they will go with heels! lol

get an eyefull of this... said...

Common...show us a picture :)Its probably a lot better htan you think it is.

Anonymous said...

hollie,

wow! that is a great story. i completely understand though about finding a hairstylist in a region that has certain quirks. i am so terrified to have my hair cut here in pennsyltucky, it has been a year and i still haven't had the courage to let anyone cut it for the exact reason you described. luckily it will grow back. hope all is well otherwise. tell every one hello and give them our love.

Nikki

p.s. at least you have a nice sibling who actually tried to help. jake reminded me that when ike asked jake to help him fix his hair when he tried to cut it himself, jake did what any self respecting estes boy would do and gave him a mohawk.